ParallelsDesktop 7 for Mac Build 14922 is available!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Dmitriy, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Bit poster

Dear Users,

This update for Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac (build 7.0.14922) addresses overall stability and performance issues and includes the following fixes and improvements:

- New interface languages, including Czech, Portuguese, Chinese Simplified, and Chinese Traditional.
    - Option to choose Mac OS X Snow Leopard-style full screen mode instead of native OS X Lion full screen mode.
    - Better compatibility with FileVault.
    - Improved compatibility with FaceTime HD camera and other USB devices for virtual machines with more than 2 GB of memory.
    - Resolves a problem with Mac slow boot time.

Updates for Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac are available via:

- Parallels Desktop in-product updater
    - Parallels Desktop download page - http://www.parallels.com/download/desktop/

http://kb.parallels.com/en/112281

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  2. ShannonA

ShannonA Member

Ironically, I liked the original version of Full Screen mode with Multiple Monitors. Now I can't use multiple desktops to page multiple full screen multiple instances.

3. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

With new update of PD7 Build 14922 you can use both Lion full screen and legacy full screen which is more convenient when working with multiple displays. You can switch full screen mode in VM config->Options->Full Screen.

4. Movura

Movura Bit poster

Big thumbs up! Thanks Parallels!

5. BinfordsTool

BinfordsTool Junior Member

I just finished the update, I didn't see an exact selection for Lion and Legacy. Trial and error found that deselecting the "Use Mac OSX Full screen" under the full screen option config did the trick, if I may recommend renaming this option's lable to "Use Mac OSX Lion Full Screen" with a little help-tip below to mention to leave unchecked to use legacy full screen, that might be nice for new upgraders.

6. gksmith845

gksmith845 Bit poster

Kudos Parallels for the quick fix on full screen/multiple monitors complaint. Great product, and great customer service. Thanks.

7. ShannonA

ShannonA Member

My bad. Somehow I redownloaded and installed 6 instead of the new 7. Everything is great.

8. sroussey

sroussey Bit poster

"The update could not be downloaded"

I keep getting this message: "The update could not be downloaded" What is going on?

9. KarenE

KarenE Bit poster

P7 (Mac, Desktop)= Very poor performance.

I posted this in the Guest Windows virtual machine forum/threads. All I can say, is I've had major headaches with P7 ... crashing being the worst problem, poor performance on both sides (MacOSX and Win7), it worked just fine w/P6. Spent quite a bit of time this morning on two occassions/tech support. Followed all the steps given to fix the problem, .... sure didn't work, in fact, its worse! The last tech person said they were escalating the problem....still haven't heard back.

I am very disatisfied with P7, I regret upgrading. Until this version, I was satisfied with both P5 and 6, everything was working.

Frankly, I'd like the money back I paid for this upgrade.

10. JayLeeves

JayLeeves Bit poster

not good

not good!!