Windows 8 Developer Preview

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by LowellS, Sep 14, 2011.

1. yuhong

yuhong Bit poster

The problem I think is that Windows 8 no longer supports old XPDM drivers. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter is the new fallback VESA/GOP driver for Windows 8.

2. wonder_mice

wonder_mice Hunter

Use "Windows 7" OS type for Windows 8.

3. bge0

bge0 Junior Member

Hoping there is an update to this. Want to be able to use my dedicated vid card to try this OS out!

4. runebinder

runebinder Bit poster

Thanks, re-did the VM and that did the trick.

5. Adriasil

Adriasil Bit poster

I've just installed Windows 8 on a Trial version of Parallels 7, just wondering if anyone had any luck getting the shared folders to work. It also seems that it is unable to locate .psf, as Windows 7 could do.

I'm Running Snow Leopard with 1.5GB of RAM allocated.

6. Adriasil

Adriasil Bit poster

Never mind. Installing Parallels Tools fixed that.

Just an FYI for anyone trying to install Parallels Tools, you may find that you need to unmount your installation CD/DVD/iso first before the Parallels Tools will mount itself.

7. ssantosh78

ssantosh78 Bit poster

8. RandyBr

RandyBr Bit poster

Is anyone else unable to get the Metro apps to work with PD7? I followed all the directions from wonder-mouse, but none of the sample Metro apps work (e.g., Stocks, Weather, games, etc.). The Win32 ones all work fine (Desktop, Task Manager, etc).

9. RogerJr

RogerJr Bit poster

I had the same problem! All I did was change the resolution to A higher screen resolution. I set mine at 1440 and it worked after. Idk y u have to do that to get the tiles functioning. Hope this helped if it helped :p

10. RandyBr

RandyBr Bit poster

Thanks. That fixed the problem.

11. AlfredP

AlfredP Bit poster

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012