Vpc 2007

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by PeterP, Feb 20, 2007.

1. PeterP

PeterP Member

Would it be possible to run Microsoft's new VPC 2007 in a Parallels' virtual Windows XP environment?

Not that I know whay you would want to, just wondering if it would be possible.

Peter.

2. abanks

abanks Hunter

Virtualization in Virtualization Crazy !!

Cant see any problems though as long as you dont require anything graphically intense !!

3. joem

joem Forum Maven

If no one who has tried it responds, you could try it yourself and let us all know. My guess is that it either won't work at all, or will be extremely slow, depending on whether or not it requires hardware virtualization support.

4. wingdo

wingdo Pro

I cannot imagine this would work. VPC will not run in VMWare as the processor is already virtualized.

What are you trying to run that requires VPC but will not run either in Parallels or VMWare?

5. DaemonCollector

DaemonCollector Bit poster

I tried this with VPC2004, Needed to turn off VT-X to start, after I did that I was able to get VPC up and running. But the second it tried to initialize the network card it bailed on me, I think I may just need to reinstall it to get the parallels network cards set up, this was on an XP bootcamp partition. I use this setup to allow me to log into a windows domain over a vpn to do some specific things that need to be done from a machine logged directly into the domain.

So it might work, give it a shot.

6. PeterP

PeterP Member

Not specifically trying to do anything, merely curious.

VPC can't on Intel Macs, however, since MS has just released VPC2007 I was wondering whether it would be possible to run it through Parallels.

Peter.

7. PeterP

PeterP Member

Unfortunately, don't have the machine resources to try this myself at this time. Disks nearly maxed out, and current Parallels environment (even though I'm using RC3) is used as for production activities.

8. rafmon

rafmon Bit poster

2 questions on VPC version7

Does anyone know if I can use the Windows XP Home Edition disc that comes with VPC for MAC Version 7 if I install Parallels on my 2.66 Dual Intel? If it's a no go, then which Windows program should I buy? I don't want to spend more than I need to. I'm only going to use it for a Brother GT-541 USB printer and install Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop for PC on it. I have 5Gb of RAM. Thanks.

9. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Solaris virtual machines run in a Parallels Solaris VM.