Switching from Parallels to Boot Camp?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by evanthehunter, Feb 20, 2007.

1. evanthehunter

evanthehunter Bit poster

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to transfer m Windows XP installation From Parallels to Boot Camp? (I dont feel like installing it again)

2. xeroed

xeroed Junior Member

I tried to do something simlar with my Windows VM, but I couldn't really figure it out. I think that if you have enough space, you could create a bootcamp partition and then add it to your current VM as a second HD, then try backing up your information completely onto it and making it bootable...

however, this would require quite a bit of HD space on your Mac, and I know that I didn't have enough space to do it...so I havn't tried it first hand... maybe someone could back me up on if it would work..

What I ended up doing was copying all my critical files and whatnot and then having to reinstall windows to bootcamp... if you do this, you'll want to be carefull because I ended up not having enough defragmented space to install bootcamp right away. Mac recently came out with aversion of bootcamp that can use fragmented space to create a partition, but it's relatively new... which means it might not be completely stable >_<

I'm not any kind of computer guru, but I hope I helped a little

3. evanthehunter

evanthehunter Bit poster

ty

thanx, yeah I have about 300 GB of free space:) , So ill try that. Thx