Parallels Desktop for Mac build 3170 RC3 is available for download.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by STim, Feb 15, 2007.

1. TroyMurray

TroyMurray Junior Member

Transported VM keeps prompting to install drivers

I used the Parallels Transporter yesterday to bring my work XP machine into a VM. It worked well and I can finally use my Mac at work instead of Windows all the time. After the migration finished it installed the Parallels Tools in the VM. But now anytime I start the VM after it's been paused it wants to install the Parallels tools. I've not had a problem like this with any new VM's I've created.

Any ideas?

2. kimonostereo

kimonostereo Bit poster

I'd like to report that my Mustek USB A3 scanner still does not work in full page scan mode via TWAIN. It will however scan half the page if I split the page down the center vertically.

If trying to scan the full page, the scanner will become non-responsive or take approx. 25 minutes to scan the entire page.

So that said, the RC3 still hasn't fixed this problem for me.

3. Jackie7

Jackie7 Bit poster

... If you got external HD such as USB hard disk, disconnect it and try again, I had the same problem, so I unplugged usb external Hard disk, then Bingo.. it worked. Hope this helps.

4. Jackie7

Jackie7 Bit poster

It works for the first time for my bootcamp partition. Thanks, but there are still few minor issues with USB release, it stuck on Mac and can get it work on Windows, somehow it was working fine on previous version though, it seemed rolled back.. Also there are software issues, I had to reinstall Anti-Virus software to get it work on PC, then when I naively boot in XP, it had the same issue, Anti-Virus software wasn't linked to my firewall setting. I guess it's got to do with overlaying 'profile'??? Hope you guys aware the issues and releasing the patch soon.. Great works...

5. magnitude

magnitude Bit poster

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  6. cpohle

cpohle Junior Member

Still bluescreen with W2K and Canon iP3000 USB printer

Having used it a couple of days now, I indeed consider RC3 near production quality (at least for what I consider "production use" :) ). Thanks to the developers!

However, RC3 still suffers from a bug that I'm watching since my first trial of Parallels Desktop (pre-1970): I get a bluescreen whenever I connect a Canon iP3000 USB printer to a Windows 2000 VM. It would be great if a fix for this issue would make it into the final release!

7. hagen

hagen Junior Member

3170 solved my problems! Operating with multi-boot

When I had installed XP in Bootcamp initially, the install had crapped out. I did a reinstall and apparently created a multi-boot XP istall with only one option. However my windows folder was now called windows.0 with all the subsequent registry entries etc. Doh.

The 3 previous RCs couldn't handle this and I was getting one of two errors. :(

Oh and with RC3 I didn't have to activate my already activiated XP boot camp install!

:D Thanks Parallels for continuing to plug away: I've just purchased my copy and look forward to the official release of RC3

hagen

8. rodericg

rodericg Bit poster

I really have to say this clearly. I have persisted with this bug ridden junk software since it was first released. I have had many problems and I never get responses from Parallels when sending requests for technical advice. I have build 1970 and it refuses to allow any kind of usb storage device connections or the connection of my pda. I always get 'being used by some other application notices'. Then I tried to upgrade to 3070 beta and just get a black screen. Oh pleeze! This software is unmitigated garbage.

9. Jerry

Jerry Member

Maybe you should just do a little bit of research first. Most USB issues have been fixed since 1907, and the sollution to your black screen problem can be found here:

http://forums.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=8920&highlight=3170+black+screen

Good luck!

;)

10. KSW

KSW Junior Member

USB don't work with Nokia E61

MartinBaer,

thank's for your suggestions. Tried reinstalling the Nokia PC Suite, but nope. Will try the XP way within a couple of days - I'll report...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  11. feb20

feb20 Bit poster

Numlock

I'm using beta 3170 with a keyboard that doesn't have the PC-style numlock button and I find that my parallels sessions of Vista don't remember the numlock setting. Is there a way (either in Vista or in Parallels) to force NumLock to be turned on? Right now I use the handicapped On-Screen Keyboard in vista to turn on numlock each time.

12. joem

joem Forum Maven

There have been MANY reports here that the clear key (if you have one) performs the numlock function. Search is your friend.

13. drthom

drthom Bit poster

I was able to get an E62 configured with Nokia PC Suite, and this release of Parallels. USB issue resolved itself after about 20 seconds. Connect to device worked, whereupon it was browseable in PC Suite. Later, i used the connection to configure Blackberry Connect.
    First thing i noticed was that the E62 popped up as connected, immediately as plugged it in and selected the appropriate connection on the device. (Parallels set to auto connect, and it stole the device immediately)

14. iammattu

iammattu Junior Member

Yup - seems much slower - and seems to cause memory problems with open apps on the MacOS side - at least in comparison to 3150 (and 1970 - which i've gone back to for performance considerations)

15. shaneblyth

shaneblyth Member

Really wow.. then I noticed your post count equals 1 post.
    you cant have persisted much you have never used this forum before and this is your first post :D

16. manifestbeauty

manifestbeauty Bit poster

Parallels Desktop cannot find necessary drivers to configure your Boot Camp partition

Parallels Desktop cannot find necessary drivers to configure your Boot Camp partition. Please refer to Help> Parallels Desktop Help> Using Boot Camp Windows XP Installation for troubleshooting.

For the life of me, I can't get past this issue. And like the above post, the driver.cab is installed, and other than that, there are no spN sp1 sp… cab files on my XPSP2 Pro disk. If anyone finds out how to get past this, a couple of us will certainly be grateful :eek:

17. DJ-GROBE

DJ-GROBE Member

18. BillInSoBe

BillInSoBe Member

Member since Feb 2007 :p

19. BillInSoBe

BillInSoBe Member

It's already been reported multiple times that newer builds of Parallels have various network "deficiencies". I've reported countless times that VPN connections are disconnected intermittently. Speed is not consistent.

It's very difficult to continually report the same issue when we're never given any notifications about their status. This beta program is a joke!

20. DJ-GROBE

DJ-GROBE Member