Mouse Sensitivity and Spinning

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by EdenS, Feb 7, 2011.

1. EdenS

EdenS Bit poster

I am using Mac with snow leopard OSX and just reinstalled Parallel's (5) and I am experiencing mouse sensitivity and spinning in the game I am trying to play (Everquest 2). Is there any way to fix this issue? I prefer to move with my mouse and not the arrow keys please.

2. mH2

mH2 Member

I am having similiar issue with LOTRO (Lord Of The Rings Online) and Parallels Desktop 6 (Build 6.0.11992)
    Is there a way to plug in 2 mice and have one dedicated to the VM and the normal mouse ignored by the VM?!?
    Not fun, but it would be a sort-of solution...

3. TrevorB

TrevorB Bit poster

I too would love a solution to this. It makes the Parallels borderline useless with this issue.
    I know it has to do with mouse synchronization and acceleration between the VM and the Host system but, there HAS to be some way to make this not happen in games.

4. mH2

mH2 Member

Official response ... so far...

(this is a duplicate of a response I left to: Mouse use in Parallels MMO gaming )

I have run this "up the flag pole" with an exhaustive list of detailed information in tickets #1098567 and then 'second level' ticket #8098142 (filed on version 11994). It has now been passed up to the Developer level.

I hope this means they feel they now have the information necessary to reproduce and finally fix this annoying bug...

Here's to hoping!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  5. Oclair

Oclair Junior Member

I also am having the same problem on Lord of the Rings online.
    Latest versions of Parallels 6
    Latest Vesion of Lothr
    and this is on Windows XP

Basically other than the mouse confligaglitch its amazing how well it runs on my 2010 mbp i5 2.5ghz 8GB 10.7 with 4GB ram dedicated to Windows

6. mH2

mH2 Member

Not just a vm issue...?

If you have played LOTRo a - lot... then you may have actually experienced the spinning mouse in normal game play. It is sooo rare that it would be hard to draw any conclusions on cause (else it would be reproduceable right?)

However, if you *have* experienced a brief bout with the spins (when moving camera, perhaps?) then maybe we should start a log of these events.

So, even if it is a MicroSoft or Game driver bug, it is easily reproducible on VM, so it should get debugged readily enough...

7. Oclair

Oclair Junior Member

Lets not forget that for some reason the game will not save settings...
    Default settings location anyone?

8. Oclair

Oclair Junior Member