Parallels 7 and the keyboard / cut / paste

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RianQ, Oct 13, 2011.

1. RianQ

RianQ Junior Member

I am experiencing a strange problem on two different machines. One machine is a new Macbook Pro running Windows 7 in the VM, and the other is an older Macbook Air running XP in the VM. Everything is updated.

Problem is with Word 2010. If I type something in say Safari, what I type shows up in Word. If I cut and paste an event in iCal, the text from that event shows up in Word. It doesn't always happen of course. But once it starts, the mouse jumps around the screen, and text starts showing up in Word, no matter what application I am currently working with on the Mac side.

Its really annoying because I will move to my Word Doc, to continue working, and there will be all this crap in the document, which is all of the stuff I did on the Mac side of things.

Anyone else having this problem too? If it is happening on two different machines, it must not be an isolated problem.

Thanks,

2. ShannonA

ShannonA Member

Uninstall Parallels Tools from your Windows 7 installation and see if the issue remains?

3. RianQ

RianQ Junior Member

If I uninstall Parallels Tools.... won't I loose the display resizing and shared folders?

4. ShannonA

ShannonA Member

Yes.. but you can reinstall it to get everything back. We're just checking if the issue is related to Parallels or internally with Windows 7

5. RianQ

RianQ Junior Member

Np. I will do so, and remora back. Might take a bit as I have to give it time to see if it happens.

6. RianQ

RianQ Junior Member

Ok, after a day of use I have not seen problem. This would have happened by now. My guess is, removing parallels tools solved the problem.... although obviously this is no long term solution.

What next?

Thanks BTW.

7. ShannonA

ShannonA Member

Reinstall Parallels Tools

8. RianQ

RianQ Junior Member

I reinstalled it a couple of days ago. I have not had Word open, but I will leave it open and see if the same problem starts to happen again.

9. RianQ

RianQ Junior Member

Started doing it again. Only seems to do it when Word 2010 is open. Note that I am accessing a document that is on a shared folder.

10. starless

starless Junior Member

Looks similar to the problem described here: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=208201
    Does it always happen to you, while Word 2010 is open? Or maybe only when you wake up the VM from sleep?
    Also, did you try with other applications in Windows, e.g. Notepad? Try that with a plain text copy&paste or text typing, because Notepad might not be able to paste iCal data or other stuff.