Clipboard quit working after upgrade to Parallels 7

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KimE, Sep 8, 2011.

1. KimE

KimE Bit poster

Until yesterday, I have successfully used Jing Screen Capture to paste screen prints into Microsoft Outlook emails and Word documents running Windows 7 on Parallels Desktop 6. However, since I upgraded to Parallels 7, I cannot paste into any application running in Parallels 7. I research and found this problem in previous versions of Parallels, but I have never had an issue.

I did uncheck and recheck the Share Mac clipboard in Advanced Parallel configuration settings but it's still not working.
    I also reinstalled Parallels tools and it completed successfully, but it did not correct the problem.

I use this feature multiple times a day for work. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks.

2. strells

strells Product Expert

Did you first fully uninstall Parallels tools and reboot the VM before reinstalling?

Steve

3. KimE

KimE Bit poster

Steve,

Thanks. That was a good question and no I had not, but since I saw your post, I did just that, fully uninstalled it from the Control Panel, Uninstall program. I rebooted after the install, reinstalled the Parallel Tools, rebooted, but it still does not work.

I also tried (from another thread) isolating Mac from Windows and rerunning the Disk Utility fix permissions process.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
    Kim

4. KimE

KimE Bit poster

From other posts, it does appear this problem was caused with the upgrade to Parallels 7 and there is not a fix as of yet. Hopefully, there will be a fix soon b/c this is a major inconvenience for people like me to work in both equally back and forth all day. I use this clipboard feature probably 10-20 times a day and it's very time consuming to work around this problem. Parallels - please fix ASAP.

5. KimE

KimE Bit poster

Thank you Parallels Support! This issue has been fixed with the latest update. Build 7.0.14922 (Revision 693916; 9/13/11)

6. Donald69

Donald69 Bit poster

Clipboard

but with 14924 the clipboard doesn't work again?

I can transfer text. But if I try to transfer graphics by clipboard ( screenshots, screen capture) from Mac to Windows (XP) Outlook (MS-Word as editor) it fails.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  7. EdgarH.

EdgarH. Bit poster

I have the same problem with 14924. Clipboard sharing doesn't work at all, even simple text. Tried all the suggestions above, but no use.

8. Michael Buchta

Michael Buchta Junior Member

Same here clipboard does not work
    Michael

9. EdgarH.

EdgarH. Bit poster

I got it fixed. Here is what I did:
    uninstall Parallels Tools
    Shutdown Windows with Startmenu, not with VMs shutdown or restart button
    start and install again
    restart

Now clipboard works fine with text and pictures. Also checked in coherence. All fine.
    And I also see the system tray icons again in macs menubar, which where missing since the upgrade to PD7.

10. Donald69

Donald69 Bit poster

to make it short....

it does not work.

Reinstalled completely but it only works with small graphics...(like it was before reinstall)
    It seems that graphics up to 64kb work - I can reproduce this

@EdgarH: did you try larger graphics?

Any solution from parallels?

Kr

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  11. Quirky Works

Quirky Works Bit poster

Same Problem - Clipboard doesn't work

I tried the suggestions of uninstalling and reinstalling and no luck. I can't get the copy/paste to work in Parallels 7 (Build 7.0.14924). I use this 50-100 times a day and really need to get this working again. I am limping along without this functionality and it is really slowing my work down. Hopefully an update will come out soon to address this.

P.S. This is problem is both for text and graphics.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  12. Donald69

Donald69 Bit poster

I didn try out with large text but it it has to do with the buffer size. Small (up to 64k size) graphics works. Text the same.

13. JesterbeanA

JesterbeanA Banned

Hello!Is there an appropriate size?For it not to buffer. Im not sure with my size..[​IMG]

14. Donald69

Donald69 Bit poster

the problem was fixed in Build 7.0.15050

15. luzmedia

luzmedia Bit poster

no longer working in build 7.0.15052

I need to use this all the time - upgrading to v7 is a disaster!

16. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

Can you check whether the Parallels Tools service is running in your VM? In Windows 7, type "services" (no quotes please) into the text entry field that's at the bottom of the Start menu. You'll get a window that lists all the services. If Parallels Tools isn't there, you might want to re-install the Parallels tools into your VM. If it's there but not started, set it to start automatically each time you power up the VM.

17. luzmedia

luzmedia Bit poster

Thanks for the suggestion, but Parallels Tools are running. I also tried re-installing Parallels tools and then restarting but the problem persists. BTW I'm on XP not Windows 7 (if anyone else needs to get the Services window up in XP, its services.msc in the Run box).

18. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

Hmmm.. look at the VM's configuration. In the "Options" tab, there should be a section "extended" (or similar, I'm on a German version of Parallels). There you'll see a checkbox "Copy and paste: Share Mac clipboard" (or similar). That checkbox should be checked. Is it?

19. luzmedia

luzmedia Bit poster

In the Copy & Paste section of the Options pane, "Share Mac clipboard" and "Preserve text formatting" are both checked

20. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

after you've copied from the Mac, are you pasting with cmd-v or ctrl-v in Windows?