parallels mobile not seeing the VM

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AndreL, Oct 17, 2011.

1. AndreL

AndreL Junior Member

HI
    I m running parallels 7.0.14924 on OSX 10.7.2 when I connect to parallels mobile onto my iPad (ios5) I can see the mac but I cannot see any of the virtual machines hence I cannot select anyone to connect to.
    The only thing I can do is a remote connection to my mac.

thanks

andre

2. Mac Pro 5GB

Mac Pro 5GB Member

I am having the opposite problem, I can see both the Mac Host and Windows virtual machine but I can only connect to the virtual machine, not the Mac Host machine from Parallels Mobile.

3. AndreL

AndreL Junior Member

The weird thing is when the apps starts you've got the message box telling you is loading the virtual machines list But the only one to display is my mac.
    Andre

4. LaszloT

LaszloT Bit poster

Ok so I HAD the same problem... tech support didn't do any good yesterday, and today I solved my problem..

I had an issue that the VM wasn't listed at all and I could only log onto the Mac directly. Our setup is we have an office manager that uses the mac with a VM for quickbooks, other personal would like to check into the VM to do some maintenance. So following the process for creating a VM and installing all the software everything is going well.
    This is where it goes wrong:

Parallels seems to want to store all Virtual Machines in your /usr/Documents/Parallels/ directory. This directory is unique for every login or account on the mac. the VM didn't exist under my account on the mac. So I had to change my login on my mobile device to our manager's login to see the VM. Not the Parallels account, just the login to the Mac. I assume that I could copy the VM to my account, however then you have two different VMs.

Please suggest to Parallels to have a shared VM directory that all users can access including the mobile users.

Probably for advanced users, you can create a pointer to a common directory and Parallels would know the difference, might cause an issue if running more than one instance of the same VM through two different accounts.

5. AndreL

AndreL Junior Member

working now

after reading info from previous thread I did this.
    on my iPad: (I did not change/touch anything on my mac)
    go to setting
    search for parallels and change one setting (wifi only) to reset it. May be there are other/better ways
    start parallels apps
    enter name/ip login/password of my mac. For the login I use the short name.
    this time mac and vm are there.
    result :)