Need Trial Key - Website Does Not Function

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by SexyLaraJolie, Feb 23, 2007.

1. SexyLaraJolie

SexyLaraJolie Bit poster

Hello. I am having a rather urgent problem. I have tried registering on the Parallels website to get a Trial key for Parallels Desktop for Mac but I just don't get sent the activation link to prove my email address is real. The email address is accurate, it's just when I click Send Again I get this message

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webadmin@parallels.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/1.3.34 Server at backend.parallels.com Port 80

Could someone from Parallels get this sorted for me as soon as possible :)

Thanks a lot!

BTW: Build 1970, not the latest RC3 build

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  2. mactivist

mactivist Junior Member

Yup, I'm having the same problem.

3. abanks

abanks Hunter

4. Paul Waggett

Paul Waggett Junior Member

This issue has been ongoing for some time. Others have posted similar comments in other threads and no-one from Parallels has bothered to provide a satisfactory answer.

I am now totally unable to run Parallels on my Mac as the Trial Key I downloaded has expired.

I'm a fully paid retail box user and to say I am unhappy with the total lack of any support frrom this Company is putting it mildly.

Like other users I rely on having access to Windows in order to use certain business critical apps.

The lack of any communication or comment from Parallels staff in the last few weeks regarding the availability of a new released build version is not acceptable. It truly does give the impression that they don't give a toss. They have been asked plenty of times by plenty of people.

Can someone explain why having BOUGHT and PAID FOR this product I cannot use it?
    I'm off now to download Fusion.........

5. Victor

Victor Member

Well, I have to say a couple of things.

First ,if you have a bought and paid for box version, use that until the beta key problem is fixed.

Secondly, you shouldnt uses a beta for "business critical" tasks.

Thirdly, you have NOT paid for the beta (except perhaps your time) and I therefore dont think you have a right to use it, in the same way you have a licence to use the purchased version.

Enjoy Fusion.

6. Paul Waggett

Paul Waggett Junior Member

So why do they do retail box version? If I had bought the software and downloaded from the Parallels website, I wouldn't be having the issue. Betas apparantly only work with the downloaded and paid for version. Why?

Why should I be forced to downgrade the software in order to keep using it?

I didn't say I was using the beta for business critical tasks. I said I was using Windows. I can do what I need to do in 1970, but as 1970 doesn't have the same functionality, it makes things more difficult.

So they don't want to let people test it for more than a few days at a time and provide proper feedback? Interesting philosophy they have on product development.

7. Victor

Victor Member

You said you had bought the boxed version. Now you imply you havent. Boxed versions are stable release. Betas are test versions and are made available to people who have a licensed version for testing. The betas also work with the boxed versions key.

Your not being forced. You have a choice. You can stay with your boxed version for as long as you want, or you can upgrade to the latest download-able released version, or you can download the most recent beta.

Ok. I assumed you meant the beta, not the trial version, but now you talk about having the beta.

AFAIK, the beta doesnt expire.

When I downloaded the trial version I had 15 days to test. Sure 30 days would have been better. Still, when the trial was over I bought a boxed version, and downloaded the most up to date stable version. Are you saying you want yet another trial version, i.e. you dont want to buy the software? You said you have a boxed version, so what do you really want?

8. wiraone

wiraone Bit poster

Read again, he said that if he had gone through the online store, he wouldn't have problem with the key. I'm having the same problem, I'm tempted to try the latest-and-greatest R3 release ever .. but since I've boxed UK version.. I'm not able to do this. And the boxed version that I have is not the stable release either .. it had problem running on Macbook Pro Core2, I need to download the latest update from Parallels website too.

Exactly, we have the choice .. our choice is to try the latest beta .. you surely couldn't force us not to run the beta on our machine.. Just fixed the damn key so many of us who bought the boxed version could get our hand on the latest R3 w/o a need of getting a 15-day trial key every .. 15 days..

As above, many of us already bought a boxed version and the damn key doesn't work on betas or the latest R3 .. and that why we're complaining about..