Error message when accessing CD/DVD drive.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by 64vettegal, Feb 23, 2007.

1. 64vettegal

64vettegal Bit poster

Hi,

I am brand new to this software.

I start Paralles.

Windows XP Pro starts fine.

I insert the dick into the drive and get this message:

A required D:\WebDesigner.WW\ESETUP.DLL cannot be loaded. This may indicate that the file is missing or damaged.

My only option is to click OK.

I am trying to load a program by inserting it into the CD drive. When loading Windows XP Pro I got a few messages that files where missing. I selected the option ESC to skip the file. Could this have caused the problem.

Thanks,
    Tammy:)

2. xeroed

xeroed Junior Member

well, I'm assuming sinse you say you start parallels and then start Win XP, you are using a Parallels Desktop for mac.
    Unfortunitly, your problem seems to be a Windows problem, however, if you are running desktop for mac, it could just be a problem with your parallels tools.

My advice is to try and reinstall Parallels Tools (or make sure they are the right version for your release), and if that doesn't work, you may be forced to reinstall XP (<-- not a fun task).

Hope this was helpful, but in the future, you should include some information about what system you are running on and what software you are using... good luck!

3. joem

joem Forum Maven

Wrong again xeroed. That's three in a row today.

Tammy, this is a common problem. Others have had success making an iso image of the disk and attaching it to the emulated CD. You can use the CD icon on the bottom toolbar when the VM is running to connect and disconnect images.

4. jln3681

jln3681 Bit poster

i am also having a CD problem. I initially tried using the default cd drive. that didn't work, it told me D drive was inaccessible. so i created an 'image' of the cd drive like it says to in the user manual and set that up as the CD drive in the edit configuration menu. now it is telling me the disk is not formatted. what the heck?

error message:
    Disk is not formatted
    Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows.

It's just a blank CD I'm trying to save some data files on.

please help : (