Trial / Key server down?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by twynne, Feb 25, 2007.

1. twynne

twynne Hunter

I've recommended Parallels to a friend and he has been trying to install a copy this morning, but can't seem to get a trial key issued as the server throws an error page. The same happens when you ask for the registration email to be re-sent.

Could someone look at this urgently please?

Thanks,

Tom

2. Paul Waggett

Paul Waggett Junior Member

Customer Service: 0/10

This issue has been ongoing for some time. Others have posted similar comments in other threads and no-one from Parallels has bothered to provide a satisfactory answer.

I am now totally unable to run Parallels on my Mac as the Trial Key I downloaded has expired.

I'm as fully paid retail box user and to say I am unhappy with the total lack of any support frrom this Company is putting it mildly.

Like other users I rely on having access to Windows in order to use certain business critical apps.

The lack of any communication or comment from Parallels staff in the last few weeks regarding the availability of a new released build version is not acceptable. It truly does give the impression that they don't give a toss. They have been asked plenty of times by plenty of people.

Can someone explain why having BOUGHT and PAID FOR this product I cannot use it?
    I'm off now to download Fusion.........

3. joem

joem Forum Maven

If you're a fully paid retail box user, you have a fully paid retail key that will work with the released version of Parallels, so what you seem to be complaining about is that you can't run the beta. If this is the case, you can go back to the release version, or wait for the next release. If you are outside of North America, you will have to install your release version in order to upgrade anyway since the localized versions are only available as upgrades from within Parallels.

In general, one cannot expect support for beta software from any vendor.

Of course, if you REALLY want to run the beta, you can get another trial key, but support for beta software is still hit or miss.

4. Paul Waggett

Paul Waggett Junior Member

My gripe is that having a fully licenced and paid for version, I am getting less in the way of support than if I downloaded a Beta for the first time.

Why can't fully paid up users outside NA have full access to the betas? Why am I restricted to 2 trial keys that only last a few days each?

This thing has been in RC mode for so long now it's beyond a joke.

I notice Parallels staff haven't answered the question of when the next full version is going to be resdy....

5. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

i'd prefer the released version to be READY to be released, rather than released on a certain date. No point in releasing a product, if it isnt ready.. announcing a date leads to more moaning by people who dont understand how the software development cycle works.

6. maclover

maclover Bit poster

Lack of support

Dear all,
    I'm quite disappointed with Parallels support as well.

When the first new version (still in beta) came out with the support for BootCamp partition, I was interested in the software.
    I wrote 3 emails inquiring about whatever if I had bought the version in store it would have worked.
    Never got a single reply.
    I then saw the offer that quoted that you would have got a 1year free upgrade and sent 2 emails asking if that would apply outside USA as well.
    Never got a reply

I then made my blind bid and bought the retail version here in Europe. Guess what? The key wasn't working for beta.
    Wrote an email to inquire about that.
    Never got a reply
    After few days, I checked the website again and on the page about this offer of 1year free upgrade stated that the offer didn't apply to Retail versions. Wrote an email to ask some clarification
    Never got a reply

Now, I do work in a very big retail store in Italy and I'm in charge for the Apple space. We sell lot of Mac and lot of software and I was looking forward to tryout Parallels to have more details about it to share about with customers.
    Now what am I supposed to say about the customer support?
    What am I supposed to say about the fact that on website is advertised the new version RC3 and customers who buy the software at my store are unable to use it?

Cheers
    Emanuele

7. leejsci

leejsci Member

Dear twynne

Good morning to you all... and from parallels point of view.. this will be good opportunity to have ppl go out and actually buy the product. Most of the beta users are now set and hooked... they figured, they will lose some ppl, but most of them will go out and buy the local copies, least in NA side that is...:)

JL

P.S. I agree with Joem.