Getting 1024x768 to a real fullscreen

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Nightwolf, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Nightwolf

Nightwolf Member

Hi,

i wanted to use Parallels for a game which switch to 1024x768 px Resolution. The Game itself only uses 2d functions and runs fine under paralles. Problem is that is no real fullscreen, only the 1024x768 centered at the middle of the screen and a big black border. How can i avoid this? (other native Mac Apps rune just fine with 1024x768px) ?

2. strells

strells Product Expert

Change your Mac's resolution to 1024x768 stretched.

Steve

3. Nightwolf

Nightwolf Member

I have to change my mac resolution itself? Why i have checked "Mac Changes REsolution when switching to fullscreen"..
    hmpf

4. Muppetteer

Muppetteer Bit poster

Same here. I have Planescape Torment but it only runs in 640x480 which is tiny on a 24" imac.
    CTRL+mousewheel works to zoom the screen like the osx desktop, but then the screen moves around as I move the mouse. Is there any way to stop it doing that?

5. strells

strells Product Expert

I don't think Windows understands the concept of stretching the resolution to fill a screen like the Mac does. That's why I think the only way you can use the lower resolution in Windows while still using the whole screen is the set the resolution on the Mac side of things.

Steve

6. Muppetteer

Muppetteer Bit poster

Ok here is a quick tip I figured out.

In osx go to System Prefs > Keyboard & Mouse. Pick Mouse.
    Check the "zoom using scroll wheel while holding ..." and I picked Control.
    Now click Options... and select "only when the pointer reaches an edge". Try your game with "smooth images" on and off and see which you like better.
    Now click done and start up parallels and your game.

Now when you go full screen use Control + the mouse wheel/ball to zoom the screen in so that it fill smore of your monitor. The picture should only move around now if you move your mouse right to the edge of the picture.