can't get internet connection for WinXP within Parallels window

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by jc9, Feb 26, 2007.

1. jc9

jc9 Bit poster

Just get started with my macbook and want to run OS X and WinXP in parallel. Giving Parallels a try at the moment but can't seem to be internet connection. Any advice to overcome the problem appreciated. thanks.

2. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

use the defaults

what kind of connection does your mac have?

hard wired ethernet is the most trouble free

Hugh W

3. imacfamily

imacfamily Bit poster

Same problem

I have a similar problem to the one discussed.

Installed Parallels 1970 on a new IMac to be able to use XP. Had USB compatabiliuty issues, but networking was fine (XP was able to download service/ security updates for half the day).

So installed 3170. USB issues went away (THANK YOU! ) but now I have intermittent Internet connectivity issues. I say intermittent because it did work for a bit but now, no matter what setting I choose, it will not work. OS X has no issues.

Have tried Bridged, Shared, default, etc. to no avail. Rebooted both XP and OS X, still no fix.

Interesting point: in Explorer window, it says 'Web Site Found, Waiting for Reply'. Almost seems as if Parallels can get message out but connection coming back is down.

Any help would be greatrly appreciated !

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  4. rmeyer52

rmeyer52 Member

When I first installed Vista I had a similar problem until I reintalled Parallels tools

5. imacfamily

imacfamily Bit poster

No such luck. Reinstalled Tools... same problem.

'Web site found, wiaitng for reply', and then it times out.