[xu][ku][u]buntu screen resolutions

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by neutrino15, Feb 26, 2007.

1. neutrino15

neutrino15 Junior Member

Hello,

I installed parallels RC3, and have had nothing but trouble in linux.:mad: I posted for many issues, but this one is just annoying. I want to add the macbook 1280x800 res, so I edit the xorg.conf, I add a custom res.. Then i select the res in the display manager... Nothing happens. It says "is this setting ok?" with the yes/revert buttons... The resolution does not change.

Even before you get fancy with parallels tools.. this should work...

Am i doing somthing wrong?:(

-Jordan

2. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Hard to say from that if yoiu are or not. But there are NO tools for Linux yet, so you do need to pick a resolution that is standard and perhaps slightly smaller than the native resolution of the Mac you are using. So it is like a very large window, but not 100% maxed out. That's what I had to do for all my different non XP OS's. That seemed to fix my issues. Good luck.

3. chrisj303

chrisj303 Member

I installed ubuntu on my macbook today (dual boot), i used this to EASILY switch to 1280 x 800 res :

sudo software-properties -e universe
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install 915resolution

It will take affect after restart - you will be able to select the higher res.

I really hope it works!

cheers
    chrisj303

4. soleblaze

soleblaze Bit poster

You don't need 915resolution if you run it in parallels. Just run dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg and use the defaults for just about everything..eventually it'll ask you what resolutions you want to use..check off 1280x800. There's also a handful of torrents on thepiratebay for (x)ubuntu parallels images, and other linux distros

5. chrisj303

chrisj303 Member

Thats what the OP has already tried - so i offered my soloution..

cheers,
    chrisj303