Portability question

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by crourk, Feb 19, 2007.

1. crourk

crourk Bit poster

I posted this in the Desktop for Mac forum but I wanted to post it here as well.

I have both the Windows version of Parallels and the Desktop for Mac. Does anyone know if
    I can use the same windows VM between Parallels flavors without any WPA issues. I have not had time to try it so I was hoping that someone here has.

Thanks,

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

I have not tried this either, but I have heard that it should work without any problem.

3. domino

domino Bit poster

I have Parallels Mac, Linux and Windows using the same CentOS 4.4 Server guest OS on an NTFS parttion. You HAVE to remove MAC address on your Linux guest OS, otherwise the gest OS won't have access to internal and external network. If you have a Windows guest, it sholdn't pose an issue as long as all the Parallels tools are the latest version across all hosts and the guest.

4. Linh My

Linh My Junior Member

It always seems to want me to reinstall Tools.

5. jrv

jrv Junior Member

Yes this works. You'll need to edit the config and fix a few things like audio & cd sinnce the names differ between Windows and OSX. And you'll need to reinstall Parallels Tools since it's specific to the version of Parallels in use. But I have done this quite a few times and it does work.