Can not enter coherence

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by neutrino15, Feb 25, 2007.

1. neutrino15

neutrino15 Junior Member

Ok, this is odd... A slew of problems have cropped up since i switched to RC3

The latest:

When I click the coherence button, this pops up:

Unable to switch to Coherence Mode. Primary operating system does not support screen resolution requested by guest operating system. Select another resolution for the guest operating system or review your video system configuration.

I have all the defaults set. The resolution is changed by resizing the os window... i think...

2. mqandil

mqandil Member

Try to post your comments in the main thread

Try to post your comments in the main thread regarding RC3, or you probably would not get a response. Mine Coherence stopped working after RC1, and frankly I gave up trying to resolve it. I have posted everywhere and got them to resond to me, and try few things but nothing worked. Everything else works great, but Coherence is lost forever. Hopefully you will have better luck then me

Mark

3. neutrino15

neutrino15 Junior Member

what other forum?

This seems to be the most general forum...

Also, this only happens with dual screens. When I unplug my other monitor, coherence works fine.

What should i do? Is this a bug?

4. mqandil

mqandil Member

Sorry for misleading you

I meant the main thread. Sorry for the confusion.

Post it in "Parallels Desktop for Mac build 3106 Beta 3 is available for download, hosted by Tim Surgent.

I am not sure if it is a bug or just your set up. In my case, I have not been able to solve yet. Post in that thread, and Tim will respond to you.

Mark

5. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

no point in continuing to post problems with RCs and Betas as the new version has been released you should upgrade to that and then retry it. then confirm if the issue still exists.