UK Boxed Copy Activation

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by bazcurtis, Feb 28, 2007.

1. bazcurtis

bazcurtis Junior Member

Hi,

I downloaded the 3186 build and installed it on my MBP. It would not accept my code. I then installed the boxed copy we bought and that worked fine. I spoke to tech support and boxed UK copies have different codes and can't be used with downloaded copies.

This is a pain. Can this be changed? It would be handy if it warned you that you can't upgrade this version with this key if this issue can't be fixed.

I had an activated boxed version until I tried to upgrade it and then it went unactivated and so I had to uninstall and reinstall from the boxed copy.

Best wishes

Michael

2. burratha

burratha Bit poster

Same here. We bought this product as we require Boot Camp support.

I hope we're not being penalised for living in the UK.... we seem to everywhere else! lol

Can we have a UK activation code working with the download version PLEASE? My trial key is running out!

3. ozean

ozean Bit poster

You might also want to check this thread: http://forum.parallels.com/thread9323.html

Not only UK users are affected – it seems almost everyone that did not buy Parallels online (or in the US?) is being treated differently, i.e. does not have full access to betas and has to wait until a so-called localized version has been released. Why this is the case is beyond me…