USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by sigdig, Jan 11, 2007.

1. sigdig

sigdig Bit poster

What does this error mean, and how can I resolve it.
    It happened after in installed a memorex usb jump drive, then tried to connect a usb Canon scanner. That is when I got the error when plugging in the scanner.
    Note that nothing else was plugged into a usb port, I had already removed the jump drive.

This is the error message.

USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another process. Wait 5-10 seconds, then try to connect the device again. If this does not help, find the application that blocked up the device and disconnect it manually.

2. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

what build of parallels ?

3. miked44

miked44 Junior Member

I too got this error,

i'm using the latest trial version of parallels (build 1970)

i get this error when selecting any usb from the device list and usb key drive won't show up in windows

on macbook pro.

any ideas?

mike.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  4. drounn

drounn Bit poster

I have this same problem.. but im trying to connect a moto q.. any solutions/?

5. yeti_80210

yeti_80210 Bit poster

i have build 1970 trial and have the same problem. need usb for work.:( :( :(
    any ideas would be great> thanks

6. miked44

miked44 Junior Member

installing 3120 beta fixed this for me guys.

7. grindstone

grindstone Bit poster

Installing 3120 beta didn't fix it for me.

8. cetuma

cetuma Member

This has been back and forth. RC2 caused this to begin happening to one of my USB devices (an e-gate smart card reader), then RC3 fixed the issue it being in use every time for the e-gate smart card reader, but then caused this issue to occur with a USB serial adapter. Now with RC4 (at least it should be RC4 based on the number of issues i've seen already) causes this to happen again with the e-gate usb reader after it was fixed for RC3.

Getting rather annoying.. An RTM should only be released after the previous RC had no issues. Now we have a release 2.5 that has less functionality than it's beta and RC counterparts.