USB 2 plug and play

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by bigbob, Feb 28, 2007.

1. bigbob

bigbob Member

V 3186 download yesterday I still can't use my Epson R2400 printer in Windows XP. Any one having the same problem? bigbob HELP!!!!

2. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

Have you ever tried installing Bonjour in Windows and turning on share printing on your Mac's side?

I just printed something out on my XP and it worked beautifully.

BTW, I have a HP PhotoSmart 3180 series all-in-one printer.

3. bigbob

bigbob Member

Thanks for the reply: I did try Bonjour - It worked but it use a generic driver - I was unable to pick Profiles for the 2400 printer. I only print Photo's - If I am wrong please let me know. bob

4. drval

drval Pro

I haven't had any problems with any printing job.

5. Resuna

Resuna Member

Still can't sync my Clie SJ22 with Hotsync over USB. It's recognised by Device Manager but Hotsync freezes.

6. jbh001

jbh001 Member

Re: Bonjour Printer Setup

bigbob:

Have you tried this?

1. Manually install the printer drivers using the using the Have Disk option (assuming you have a printer installation disk in the first place).

2. Then open up the Bonjour Printer Wizard and add/select the new printer.

3. Bonjour should then present a list of printer drivers for you to select for use with this printer, which should now also include your just installed printer drivers. (I just noticed that at this selection screen it also presents the "Have Disk" option, which may mean you can skip step 1.)

I have tried this myself, but I'm using Vista, and HP's just released (23Feb2007) Unversal Printing drivers for Vista keeps aborting in the middle of attempting to change printer settings, whether in Parallels or in Boot Camp.

Good Luck. Let us know if it works.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  7. bigbob

bigbob Member

I just spent 1 hr on the phone with Epson tech support _ They can't figure out how to make 2400 printer work with Parallels. The person I talked to was a mac person familar with Parallels. He said to call Parallels it was there problem. bob I will try the above tonight. Thanks again.