Kudos on Transporter

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by Ken Cunningham, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Ken Cunningham

Ken Cunningham Member

I just have to say thanks for making this...it works so well I can't really believe it was that simple to do.

I have an older WIndows PC, with lots of installed software on it....I was dreading moving it all over to my new MacBook Pro. I cleaned up the disc on the PC, checked it for errors, and defragged it for good measure. Then I installed the Transporter software, and hooked up the MacBook Pro to the PC with an ethernet cable. About an hour later, more or less, it was all done.

I booted up Parallels, and Windows asked for a new licence key, of course. On the web, I purchased one in a couple of minutes.

It just works now. All the software moved over without a hitch, and it works so well, especially with the new Coherence mode, it's like magic.

Great work!

2. Powertrip

Powertrip Bit poster

Wow, you are one of the lucky few that have gotten Transporter to work! I wish I had the same luck, but like most others, Transporter simply fails to complete it's task....

3. Jon Richardson

Jon Richardson Member

So what, I wonder, has Ken done differently to the rest of us?

Any clues you can give us, Ken?

4. Ken Cunningham

Ken Cunningham Member

Well, not really...everything just worked. My Laptop had Windows XP Home SP2 on it, a fairly generic Windows OS.

I did notice, during my disk cleanup, that some files that were previously put onto the PC from the Mac (via Shared Folders) couldn't be read or deleted using the PC. The filenames were the issue, I think. I just mounted the Shared Folders again with the Mac, and copied them off the PC, then all was well.

I gave the Parallels PC a new network name so the network wouldn't be confused.

That's about it, really.

ken

5. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

I've tried only to migrate VMWare appliances to Parallels, but all have failed. I don't have a lot of patience for the process, to be honest, but 100% failure is pretty discouraging. But I'll try again. I haven't tried migrating a Parallels Windows VM to VMWare yet but I understand it's also a tortured route.