Parallels Desktop for Mac build 3170 RC3 is available for download.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by STim, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Khoji

Khoji Member

Try shutting down and restarting your Mac after installing Parallels. Nothing in the documentation says that you should do this but I've found several times that it solved problems after updating various versions of Parallels.

2. akatimr

akatimr Junior Member

stop error still happening - can anyone figure this out?

Hey, I just installed the latest build 3186, and this problem is still happening exactly as before. Okay, I know there a lot of smart people in this forum, so who can figure this out?

3. pmo

pmo Bit poster

15 days only for UK?

Im trying not ot be too whiny for my first post but...
    Why do I feel Im penalised for buying the boxed version and living in the UK? If I wasnt I could upgrade to RC3 and take a chance on it being stable or not. As it is I could run it for 15 days only, before having to reinstall.
    Anyone got an answer for that?

4. Quillz

Quillz Junior Member

Thanks for the quick release. I've now upgraded from Build 3036. I'm running Ubuntu Linux 7.04 Herd 4 on Build 3170 now, and it's very stable. Great job on Parallels!

5. lupus

lupus Junior Member

Actually, I'm seeing the same behaviour, but with the Parallels Compressor. Very frequently when I reopen a session, the Compressor kicks in (which then results in a reboot).

Posted a thread at http://forums.parallels.com/thread8886.html - seems to be the same behaviour, but with Compressor

6. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

this thread really should get unstickied... with 3186 being out, it superceedes 3170.

7. mraub1

mraub1 Junior Member

Does RC3 fix the problem with Windows Media Player and DRM protected files? I'm thinking of trying Parallels this weekend, but may wait if DRM problems persists. One WinXP program I need downloads audio books and burns them to CD, but must get DRM permissions to allow burn.

Thanks,

MIKE

8. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

Why is this still a sticky? :confused:

9. rodericg

rodericg Bit poster

I did do some research. Booting the new 3186 in safe mode gets nowhere either as it hangs on a driver. My point is still valid. It is amazing that this junk software is so meekly accepted by so many people when it clearly does NOT work for more than a few customers. Why should we tolerate this kind of bug ridden software? If Parallels would bother to respond to my calls for help on this I could start a conversation to find a solution. They do not. So what happens to those like me who simply cannot get this software to install? Should we meekly give up and just say that was a nice experiment? Or should the Parallels team actually bother to do something about this?

10. krunnch

krunnch Bit poster

No, I have this problem too.

11. rickbsgu

rickbsgu Member

Intel MacBook 13", OS 10.4.8, 2gb, 2ghz, 120gb.

Just a quick report on my experience - I've put up 3170 and it seems to be working fine.

USB support has been good with three devices I've tried: scanner (portable bar scanner), printer (Canon IP90 portable printer), and external USB hard drives. Sorry to hear about everyone's problems with USB, but thus far, I haven't had any troubles, at all.

Sound device passthrough has been good, although I have to sometimes suspend the machine and bring it back to get the currently selected sound devices. I've used a blue-tooth headset w/ VOIP, and it worked fine, once I got the sound device selected and Parallels synced with the newly selected device.

I like the new alt-ctl op to get the menubar in full screen mode, and alt-enter to go from full to regular screen works great. Tried coherence - interesting idea. Works well in some scenarios, but most of the time I'd just as soon go full screen and click between the OS's.

cheers,
    rickb

12. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

now you should update to 3186 from the Download link at the top of this forum. 3170 is no longer the latest release.

13. rickbsgu

rickbsgu Member

Yeah, I guess so.

Since the topic is 3170, that's what I reported on.

Stuff moves fast...

thanks,
    rickb

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  14. rickbsgu

rickbsgu Member

Woops!

I notice the latest is now 3188.

Maybe I'd better hold off for a week, see if things settle down.

rickb

15. patmc321

patmc321 Bit poster

Did you find any resolution to your problem w/ "the drivers not installed" problem? I'm having same problem.