Build 3186??? where is Sticky from parallels?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by BenInBlack, Feb 28, 2007.

1. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

Not sure what thread brought out for download 3186, I searched.

Can we get an official stick on this build?

I've grown accustom to this method of informing of official build downloads.

2. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

they havent ever done stickys for full releases, just the betas.

3. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

There are no longer any beta versions to fuss with, so any official issues you have should go to support@parallels.com. Any informal support questions can be put here as a new thread or added to an existing thread that discusses similar problems.

4. Paul Waggett

Paul Waggett Junior Member

5. virbing

virbing Bit poster

No official notice?

The thing is that I am a registered owner of two copies of Parallels and the only way that I found out was by seeing an article on MacObserver. Reading the top of the forum, Build 3170 and a notice to upgrade to Build 1970 are the most prominent headings and both are stickies at the top of forum.

Perhaps I wouldn't be as upset if I had received an email from Parallels that there was a new release version, but I think that it is a poor reflection on their customer support that they do not directly notify their customers and that the support forum that they have specifically directed all of their customers to isn't much better.

6. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

thats hardly a sticky in the same vein as the beta stickys tho.. its an announcement for retail users to upgrade.. probably due to the amount of them that were hitting the site with problems at the time... there was no stickys for 1940, or any of the 18xx releases.

7. ajay

ajay Hunter

I'm with BenInBlack. I see no announcement from Parallels and when I check for updates, the message says my software (1970) is current and up to date. So, is 3186 official, is it a GA, another beta or what? Doesn't seem to be official to me.

8. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

sometimes it feels that people moan, for the sake of moaning..

http://www.parallels.com/en/download/desktop/

its as official as 1970, which didnt get a sticky when it was released.. (the 1970 thread for retail users came later...)

9. lithe951

lithe951 Member

I've wondered the same thing. And notice the fact that 3186 doesn't seem to be localized yet, and their GA releases have always been so. Seems to me like it's 99% GA but not fully. Should I upgrade?

10. aero320

aero320 Member

I got an email from Parallels this morning announcing the new version.

I received an email this morning announcing the new version.

11. ajay

ajay Hunter

I"m not moaning Darkone, just stating facts. When 1970 was released as a GA, I received an email from Parallels announcing that fact. When build 3186 came out, it wasn't apparently announced (I read about it on another site), I have not received an email, my Parallels update tool is silent about there being a version other than 1970 and Parallels itself hasn't made an announcement. Directing me to the download section hardly qualifies as an official announcement. The download section shows it as a build. Is that different than a GA release? Too many questions and too little in the way of answers. None from Parallels themselves leaves one to wonder about it all.

12. lithe951

lithe951 Member

I'm kind of with you. Until I see a version number instead of a Build number, I won't be upgrading. I want to know that Parallels v2.5 is available, not "build 3186."

Mark