question about updating

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by heafnerj, Feb 28, 2007.

1. heafnerj

heafnerj Member

I'm a registered user currently running Desktop for Mac build 1970. I want the latest build, but aren't registered users supposed to get an email with insructions on how to update? I seem to recall getting such an email before. I still not clear on whether or not I'll need a new registration key. Any ideas?

2. heafnerj

heafnerj Member

I forgot to mention that the update feature in build 1970 still says it's the current version. Anyone else seeing this?

3. rbrist

rbrist Bit poster

I'm getting the same thing. Sometimes when I click on check for updates it times out. I imagine the server is getting quite a workout. Maybe they are waiting for the rush to die down a bit before activating it thru the update? This is all pure speculation on my part.

RandyB

4. photoman55

photoman55 Bit poster

Updates

If you go to Macupdate.com
    or

http://www.versiontracker.com/macosx/

You can do a serach for Parallels and you will get the latested version there.

Just today I got version Parallels Desktop 3186 Mac en.dmg.

Hope this helps.

Bob

5. pianoralph

pianoralph Junior Member

Problem with 3186 update

Help! Just installed 3186 update and my disk drive won't work anywhere. The message reads, "The disk"Parallels Build 3186" is in use and could not be ejected. Try quitting applications and try again."

Win XP is booting up okay but can't activate the disk drive there either. Anyone else having this problem?

Parallels was working perfectly before the update.

6. wizardooz

wizardooz Bit poster

Hi everyone,

Yes, I'm also a registered user for free upgrades for the whole year.

Yes, using the 'Check for Update' feature didn't show any reponse, saying my 1970 built is the latest. I had to download the DMG from Parallels website to update.

Most unfortunate is that when I upgraded the software, I can't RUN Parallels anymore!!! It's so vexing!

I thought I was the only one with the upgrading problem; I'm comforted now but the problem still persists....

Please don't tell us we have to re-install our OS.

7. heafnerj

heafnerj Member

I still haven't updated, and I won't update unless I see some of these problems resolved.

8. heafnerj

heafnerj Member

I must now eat those words. Chomp chomp.

I updated last night with absolutely no problems at all. I was kinda worried my activation key wouldn't be valid but it is.