Does 3186 resolve Vista audio problems?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by radesix, Feb 28, 2007.

1. radesix

radesix Member

I'm currently on 3150 and I'm curious if it's worth the effort to upgrade. I really see no benefit at this point in time unless the audio problem is fixed.

Best Regards
    Shaun

2. giles117

giles117 Junior Member

Likewise, No audio for vista here either. and 3186 didn resolve the issue.

There is still no audio driver installed when you run parallels tools.

3. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

hmm thats strange.. i had audio fine on vista in the RCs. It just was stuttering when playback. Ive not got vista anymore so I cant tell you if this has been fixed or not.

4. abanks

abanks Hunter

I am the same as darkone, my audio works has done since the RC's but it gets crackly and stutters. Its not a performance issue it just doesnt seem to want to run !!

5. radesix

radesix Member

The stuttering choppy playback is the "audio problem" I was referring to.

6. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

then apparently, it stil exists... someone else (who couldnt use the search function first) posted about it earlier.

7. sixth

sixth Bit poster

are you guys using your bootcamp partition to boot? i cant get parallels to boot my bootcamp partition...

8. radesix

radesix Member

thanks dickone... your post was very helpful.

9. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

congratulations on learning insults.. thats very constructive, my post told you that someone else had posted about it confirming it was still broke.. but i guess you didnt bother to work that out.

10. Constable_Odo1

Constable_Odo1 Member

I'm running Vista Ultimate on a MacBook Pro 2.33 and just upgraded to 3188. The audio stuttering problem still exists in Windows Media Player. I installed a Vista Codec pack but that didn't change anything, either. Has to be some driver conflict causing the problem since the processors aren't maxed out. Annoying.