Invalid activation key when upgrading to build 3186

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by realtelford, Mar 1, 2007.

1. realtelford

realtelford Bit poster

Earlier in February I loaded the Parallels trial. I was impressed and almost immediately purchased a boxed copy from PC World. The activation key would not work with the trial copy and so I unloaded the trial and loaded from my purchased CD (build 1940). My purchased activation key then worked. I then upgraded via the web and everything was fine. Yesterday I received an email from Parallels suggesting that I download and install build 3186. The email clearly stated that existing users would be able to activate the product with their current activation key. I downloaded 3186 but it would not accept my purchased activation key. I get a message stating that the key is not valid with this version. I have now tried unloading and re-installing several times. At one point I tried my trial activation key and that worked (with 5 days left to run) but now I cannot get rid of it. It would appear that a boxed product purchased only three weeks ago is already unusable! Help anyone please?

2. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

contact support and ask for a new key

Hugh W

3. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

the localised versions (ones bought in boxes from shops) cannot be updated to 3186 at present.

4. ozean

ozean Bit poster

5. ajmaggs

ajmaggs Bit poster

And when they don't reply?