keyrepeat broken, ui suggestions

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by nivenh, Apr 6, 2006.

1. nivenh

nivenh Member

Key repeat appears to be broken. I hold down the D key, and i only get one D instead of many.

Would it be possible to make the 2-3 pixel border around the VM window go away along with the black surrounding rectangle?

What about using a more mac-like toolbar and the hide toolbar button on the window titlebar working?

I assume down the roat at some point, fullscreen on my MBP and my Apple Cinema Display will work?

Drawing speed in windows seems a bit slow. Particularly with menus, i can see the highlight redraw.

And last but not least. This VM is *FAST!* I love it so far, despite a few quirks.

2. nivenh

nivenh Member

Just a note.

With regard to drawing speed, if one goes to the Display Properties->Settings->Advanced and then to the "Troubleshoot" tab, and move the Acceleration slider once tick back, it helps tremendously.

3. perdurabo

perdurabo Junior Member

Indeed, I also show a considerable graphics speed boost. I wonder why this is.

4. perdurabo

perdurabo Junior Member

Indeed, I also show a considerable graphics speed boost. I wonder why this is.

5. snak-pak

snak-pak Member

When I bumped the graphics acceleration back one notch, it said, "don't accelerate mouse and bitmap support." Which makes sense, because Parallel's drivers would take care of that fine... and yeah I notice a good speed improvement now after doing that as well. Thanks to whoever suggested it.

snak

6. constant

constant Forum Maven

snak-pak,

It was nivenh.

7. schmidp

schmidp Member

cool, that worked great, parallels should do this be default when you install the tools.

8. nivenh

nivenh Member

an interesting side note is that i tried the same trick (re video acceleration) on an OQO Model 01 and a Vaio from 2003 and it helped quite a bit on those as well.

I wonder what the deal is.