Upgrading to 3186 build

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by neil, Mar 4, 2007.

1. neil

neil Bit poster

Hi was wondering how to upgrade to version 3186. I bought my copy of parallels from the apple store which was the wrong one for my intel core 2 duo imac, but parallels sent me a link to download build 1970. So I have that build up and running with xp home, was wondering if I instal build 3186/ 1. will it upgade my current version without having to reinstal xp and 2. will my product code work with this build.

2. pcalver

pcalver Junior Member

Just download current version, and install it according to the instructions. Your code should work.

3. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

i you will not need to reinstall your VMs, just update the parallels tools.

To upgrade, uninstall 1970 and then install 3186

4. neil

neil Bit poster

Sorry but if I uninstal 1970 my vm will still be there after I install 3186?

5. drval

drval Pro

Yes, unless you specifically Trash the folder in which the VM is stored.

6. mag

mag Junior Member

but that in particular is not working in the german version of Parallels. The Updater fails in retrieving the recent build.
    Which version are you talking about, the english i suppose?
    TIA

7. neil

neil Bit poster

Yes its an english version

8. David5000

David5000 Pro

If by updater function, you mean Help>Check for Updates, that doesn't work in the English version either--you only get a message saying you are up to date. The only workaround is to download the "DMG package (58 MB)" available on the page you get when you click on Download Trial on the Home page.

David

9. James Bond 007

James Bond 007 Hunter

I just uninstalled 1970 (using the 1970 uninstall) and then installed 3186. 3186 takes the 1970 key without question. All my 4 VMs (Windows 2000 and Windows XP) work great so far. The only thing to remember is to uninstall the old version of Parallels Tools in Windows and then reinstall the new version of Parallels Tools after rebooting the VM.

[​IMG]

10. mag

mag Junior Member

But there is no downloadable german (or anything other than english) .dmg. The english version doesn't accept the german versions key.

11. Sonderpa

Sonderpa Member