DVD Test - rip DVD to HDD

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by scrytch, Apr 25, 2006.

1. scrytch

scrytch Junior Member

Hi,

I thought I would see how well Beta 4 did with ripping a DVD to the HDD, and unfortunately it didn't do well.

Using AnyDVD (from http://www.slysoft.com) I tried to copy the DVD files across to the HDD and upon viewing the ripped files, found them full of anomalies and pixelation. On the same MBP under Windows via BootCamp, this works fine.

Any chance this can be resolved?

Thanks,
    Shane.

2. Richard Hunter

Richard Hunter Member

I'll second this. Using DVDSHRINK it always has errors, and usually reboots the machine when writing to a DVD!!! Oooops! :p

3. youngzaphod

youngzaphod Bit poster

same problems with clonedvd and dvdshrink

Hello,

I also have the same problems with the new beta version. DVDShrink hangs with an "out of memory" error and CloneDVD doesn't start and displays an error message in the preview window.
    I own a Mac Mini Dual Core and my guest OS is Windows XP Professional SP2.
    Please help.

4. lwhitten

lwhitten Bit poster

DVDClone Behavior

CloneDVD behaves slightly differently for me: starts OK, reads DVD OK, and I can copy to iso file a short vob (3' at least works).

The Preview window does not display, but progress is indicated. The iso file is saved in the shared parallels folder.

If I try to copy longer vob (using "Copy DVD Titles"), it seems to process the files OK, but errors out when creating the DVD files (get "Unexpected Error").

AnyDVD seems to work perfectly.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006