USB smartcard

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by gerardJ, Dec 2, 2009.

1. gerardJ

gerardJ Bit poster

For banking business at the dutch ING bank i have to use a smartcard reader type VASCO DP850 0 but after installing the ING software (includes the driver for the card) windows does not find the the smart cardreader.
    The problem did occur with Parallels 4.0 and occurs after installing Parallels 5.0 as well.
    Changing the guest OS to Windows 7 did not change the results.
    When installing Windows 7 or Windows XP with bootcamp the smartcard reader is recognized en the ING software is working OK.
    Using the mentioned bootcamp installation as virtual machine brings back the same malfunction as with real virtual machines.
    Anybody with a solution?

Gerard Jonker
    The Netherlands

2. Alexander Haltman

Alexander Haltman Parallels Developers

Hi, Gerard.

To find root of the problem we need come additionl info.
    Please, do the following:

1. Select checkbox Parallels Desktop -> Preferences -> General -> Use detailed log messages
    2. Reproduce the issue:
    - connect your usb-device to virtual machine and try to work with it.
    3. Make a problem report:
    - go to menu Help and click Problem Report...
    - fill in the details in a window that opens (details about device malfunction, exect model of your device or url to device description, softaware which you use to work with this device)
    - wait for report submission to complete (you'll get a notice with your report ID)
    4. Post report ID here
    5. Remove back "Use detailed log messages"

3. gerardJ

gerardJ Bit poster

Problem report for USB smartcard reader

As requested problem a report was send to you with ID 1165134.
    The manufacturer of the smartcardreader is: http://www.gemalto.com/index.html
    The product type is DP850.

Gerard Jonker
    The Netherlands

4. Alexander Haltman

Alexander Haltman Parallels Developers

Hi, Gerard.

Thank you for problem report.

We have analyzed logs from problem report and detect problem. But for now we don't know exect roots
    of problem (it can be: our bug, compatibility of this device and mac os, or some thing else).
    We will track internally your issue as bug #459814.

There is a chance that this device will work properly in guest if you do the next steps:
    - select checkbox Parallels Desktop -> Preferences -> General -> Use detailed log messages
    - start guest
    - connect your smartcard reader to guest and reproduce issue
    - unplug device from host (without disconnecting from guest)
    - plug device back to host exactly to the same usb port (in this case it will be automatically connected to guest)
    - check if device work in guest
    - generate problem report and post report's ID here
    - remove back "Use detailed log messages"

5. gerardJ

gerardJ Bit poster

Performed the requested actions, see report ID 2010262

Gerard Jonker
    The Netherlands

6. JelleS

JelleS Bit poster

news

I am trying the Vasco reader with Parallels and Windows 7, as mister Jonker, and it's not working. Can you tell me what's the solution ?
    thanks!

7. gerardJ

gerardJ Bit poster

Hello

The Parallels Support Team is still investigating what is causing this problem so keep watching this forum for a possible answer.

Gerard Jonker
    The Netherlands

8. JelleS

JelleS Bit poster

Vista / Windows 7 ?

dear Gerard,
    Did you check with ING for a Windows 7 compatibility ? I notice that the drivers are Vista drivers ?

9. ING

ING Bit poster

Cardreader probleem InsideBusiness (IBP) opgelost !

Beste heer Jonker,

Ik heb een oplossing voor uw cardreader probleem gevonden. Aangezien u bij ING bankiert en ik werkzaam ben bij ING als Channel Implementation Manager IBP lijkt het me handiger als u per e-mail contact met mij opneemt. francoisout@hotmail.com

10. AdgarH

AdgarH Bit poster

Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it is truly informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels.
    I’ll appreciate if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  11. Paweł P

Paweł P Bit poster

Gemalto USB Smart Card Reader - still does not work

See more details in attachement. I am also having troubles with Gemalto USB Smart Card Reader device. HELP, HELP, HELP :) I am going to report bug report to Parallels also.

Attached Files: