Fix size in Window mode?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ATXP, Feb 25, 2007.

1. ATXP

ATXP Member

Is it possible to keep the window mode to stay at a certain size like 1024 x 768? My MBP resolution is 1440 x 900. Every time I launch Windows, the window size almost fill up the whole scrren. I like to open it at 1024 x 768 every time in Window Mode. I play another with the screen thingy but nothing works.

2. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

move the right corner of the Parallels Window until you get the size you like
    then click the green button top left twice

Mac OS remembers the last two windows sizes

Hugh W

3. ATXP

ATXP Member

Strangely, the method you described didn't work for me. Thanks anyway for trying to help.

I found the way, I think. Launch in Window mode, and set the Windows XP appearance settings to 1024 x 768. So long as I don't resize in WIndow mode, every time I launch in Window mode or toggle between fullscreen and Coherence, it stays at 1024 x 768.

4. ssamuelson

ssamuelson Bit poster

Thanks so much, ATXP - I've been trying to fix that for a week. Your solution worked perfectly.

5. circa33

circa33 Bit poster

Still having issues

Any suggest for my problem: I want to have resolution of 1024x768 when I have the VM in full windows mode coverning my entire screen. When I do what others prescribe, I set the resolution in Windows but then it only resized the entire window on my Mac desktop. When I drag the box to make it bigger it actually then changes the resolution setting to higher res. Help....

6. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

I have two screens and run both at max resolution

mac Book at 1680 x 1050
    cinema at 1920 by 1200
    and both with millions of ccolors

I don't bother with coherence now the novelty has worn off

1539 x 1069 WinXP Sp 2 desktop
    goes on either screen according to the task in hand

Hugh W

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  7. birdieman

birdieman Bit poster

If I understand you correctly, all you need to do is to right click inside the VM screen, and change the display settings to a lower resolution. The screen will resize itself to a smaller scale. If you want to go full screen, then you click on the full screen button.

I hope this will help.