Using full-screen mode on Macbook in clamshell mode

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by natallica, Mar 6, 2007.

1. natallica

natallica Bit poster

Hello everyone -

I have a Macbook that I use in clamshell mode at my desk with an external monitor. Problem is, that if I attempt to switch Parallels into full-screen mode, the screen shows up full-screen for a brief moment and then switches back to a small window. This makes Parallels unusable with a big external monitor as I can't read anything in the small window!

Is there some setting that I'm missing? The full-screen mode works great if I'm using the Macbook without an external monitor.

Thanks!

-- N

2. aclaver

aclaver Member

Have you updated to the release version? My guess is that your XP installation is signalling an improper resolution that your monitor cannot switch to and so XP cancels the request.

You should try your VM in a lower resolution like 1024x768 at 60hz to determine if this resolution can switch.

You can also try the "Change Mac OS X resolution in full screen" option located in the Preferences -> Appearance tab to allow the Mac to switch the resolution (or not switch) depending on how it is currently set.

3. natallica

natallica Bit poster

I did not have the latest version as I was using the software update check and it kept telling me that I had the latest!

Anyway, it seems to work better now, but am getting new issues I'll have to research!

Thanks!

-- N