Has anyone tested the stabilituy of VMware fussion?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by paco.blasco, Mar 7, 2007.

1. paco.blasco

paco.blasco Member

I don't care the performance....
    I need stability...
    I want to work with USB 2.0 devices becouse I need for my work.
    Has anyone tested VMware fusion?

Thx in advance.

2. jasontech

jasontech Bit poster

I actually quit using Parallels because VM ware Fusion is so much better. for one reason it's FREE. second USB 2.0 works without any problems. I strongly recommend going to VM ware Fusion. you will love it. I mean come on what is there to lose it's FREE.

3. palter

palter Hunter

The public beta is free. There is no reason to believe that the final product will be free. In particular, VMWare has not made any public announcements about pricing.

4. jasontech

jasontech Bit poster

This is true. well now that i just installed the new version of parallels and i must say it is awesome. I just uninstalled VM Ware.

5. drscience

drscience Member

VMWare Fusion is extremely stable. I myself have had few if any problems with Parallels, but these forums are peppered with peoples' stability problems, disk corruption Blue Screens of Death, etc. The Fusion forums have few if any of such posts. The performance is rather sluggish because of the debug code; but for your purposes, the enhanced stability may compensate.

6. itsdapead

itsdapead Hunter

Is there any time-limit on the Fusion Beta?

7. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

they're support forums... not many people post here to tell us all how well their product is working. :)

8. itsdapead

itsdapead Hunter

Plus, for the last several months, Parallels have been loudly encouraging paid users of their release product to try out the beta versions. You have to look moderately hard to find the VMWare Fusion beta; the first round was "private" anyway; and no-one has been parting with money (yet).

9. palter

palter Hunter

My understanding is that the keys expire sometime in May.