Build 3186 and Palm sync problems

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Luther Blissett, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Bit poster

I was using the previous non-RC version of Parallels Desktop for Mac (build 1970, I think) successfully for many months (with XP home), and synchronization with my Palm Tungsten C was working fine via Palm Desktop. I had to disable Missing Sync on the Mac side whenever I wanted to sync on the Windows side so Missing Sync wouldn't grab the Palm cradle first when I hit the sync button, but other than that everything worked fine.

I tried an RC build of Parallels a couple of months ago, and Palm sync didn't work at all, so I went back to the earlier build and it worked again. Now that the final new version of Parallels is out, I upgraded to it, only to find that Palm sync is still not working, at least not without a clunky workaround. By following the instructions in this forum post

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=7996

I was able to get it to work, but it's kind of a pain. Any ideas on how to get it to work as it did in earlier builds? I should be able to just hit the sync button and have Parallels recognize the Palm cradle and start up Palm Dekstop's sync.

Thanks for any advice...

2. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Bit poster

Followup - it's working now in build 3188

Following up on my own posting, in case anyone finds this in the archives later...

I saw that there was a new build available (3188) and after upgrading to it, Palm sync is working again now.

I disable Missing Sync on the Mac side, have USB auto-detect in Parallels, and then just pushing the sync button on the Palm cradle starts the sync procedure in Windows.

Thanks for fixing this, Parallels!