Display problems

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dtv852, Mar 10, 2007.

1. dtv852

dtv852 Bit poster

Once I loaded Parallels and after reloading Parallels tools, I now have lost my display image. I get the Windows XP start normally, but the screen is blank when I should be seeing my desktop. Any thoughts? Thanks

2. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

which version?

what colour screen?

Hugh W

3. centurion

centurion Bit poster

Having Identical Problem...Using MacBook (Black 2GB) w/XPPro SP2, original Parallels worked great - after Upgrade (3186), obtained Desktop Screen, Activated Product, then nothing. Reviewed FAQs, then reinstalled from CD, downloaded 3186 again, and same problem. Ready to reinstall product again and avoid upgrade unless advised solution.
    Thanks in Advance for advice. UPDATE - Reinstalled from CD, Ran Tools, configured VM back to original to allow access to XP Files. Now can no longer use Network regardless of configuration attempts. This is just getting worse and I was better off without upgrade.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  4. jonesnina

jonesnina Bit poster

Also blank display upon upgrading to new version

Running XP. Screen is completely black. You see Windows starting up, and then once it's up, it goes to black.

Help!

5. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

if you'd done a search for black screen, you'll find that this problem is "usually" fixed by rebooting XP into safe mode (pressing F8 before the windows splash screen (or holding "fn" and pressing F8 depending on your mac model). then reinstall Parallels tools in safe mode.

6. jonesnina

jonesnina Bit poster

Black screen problem fixed

Thanks to Dark One.

7. mreisz

mreisz Bit poster

Thank you Dark One so much! You just saved my whole day I think. I did the 3188 upgrade and had the black XP screen. Your solution worked. In just a few minutes. Thanks again - GREAT help. Mel

8. centurion

centurion Bit poster

Honestly, did search on 'black screen' and came up empty... however, tried the solution you posted, and after a few attempts was able to correct problem. Also, once complete, able to correct internet connect problem as well, albeit not as straightforward. On correction, then received notice on 3188 update, but I'll put that off for awhile. Thanks for posting known solution - much appreciated! Centurion