Existing Bootcamp Vista partition/How to use Parallels

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Quickdraw, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Quickdraw

Quickdraw Member

Can one use an already existing bootcamp partition of vista with parallels yet? I'm following the instructions to us parallels with vista, but it either says it can't open it, or I get a greyed out vista feature in the parallels menu system.

Will I have to erase my current bootcamp install of vista and do it some other way? It seems as though I'm using the docs correctly, but some clarification would be nice.

Thank you for your time

Lonnie

2. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

no vista bootcamp support yet.

3. abanks

abanks Hunter

Apple dont yet support Vista in bootcamp and with 10.5 on the horizon i doubt they are working hard on getting it to work !!

4. Quickdraw

Quickdraw Member

Huh

Huh...maybe I'm missing something. Do you mean they don't support it via telephone or something? Because I've already used bootcamp to install my vista a few days after it was released. Please explain.

5. Quickdraw

Quickdraw Member

Please explain what you mean by Apple don't yet support Vista in bootcamp. I've used bootcamp to install vista. I must be missing your meaning here.

6. Gipetto

Gipetto Bit poster

Apple doesn't officially support Vista in BootCamp. No Vista specific drivers is the biggest concern, though I have full Vista compatibility with a little hunt and peck with the drivers. In fact, our company didn't get a set of MBPs because Apple simply wouldn't give any indication of a time frame for Vista compatibility - which leads me to think that its coming with 10.5

7. Quickdraw

Quickdraw Member

Hey, thanks for the reply. I was kinda figuring that Apple would be coming out with better support for vista as well in 10.5. Yea, I got vista up and running as well with very little problems, although a couple of things are non functional :) like bluetooth, IR remote, and although there was a driver for the iSight, it don't function very well when I try to use it.
    Thanks again for taking the time to reply.