What is new in 3188 VS 3186?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by bhorta1, Mar 13, 2007.

1. bhorta1

bhorta1 Member

Is there like a Release notes I can read etc..?

2. sidssp

sidssp Hunter

Good question. I am wondering about that too. What was not working still not working like USB printer support problem. It hasn't work for me since beta. I can't believe they actually released the product without fixing that.

3. jocamero

jocamero Bit poster

Can anyone fill us in? I too haven't had any luck finding any release notes...

4. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

That's a very damn good question.

5. wesley

wesley Pro

AFAIK, Parallels never said any word whatsoever about what happened between those two builds.

6. hookedonitunes

hookedonitunes Junior Member

maybe it was a compatibility update for the developer builds of 10.4.9 (if there were issues between the two), since they knew it was coming out soon

7. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

I doubt it. 3186 was already Leopard ready.

8. vioccc

vioccc Member

I thought that the new version would at least solve the problem of "localized" registration keys not working but no, Parallels still refuses that bloody key that cost me £50 :mad: So got to get yet another trial key (third time) to get Parallels working again... I'm feeling tired...

9. hookedonitunes

actually, it was beta support for leopard

10. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

So 3188 is really ready to support Leopard? How do you know that?

11. hookedonitunes

I don't know, I was just throwing out the possibility that maybe 3188 was a compatibility fix for 10.4.9. The only time I mentioned leopard was when I said that 3186 (or 3170 -- don't remember which) included experimental leopard support, according to the release notes.

12. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

It's 3170, because 3170 was a beta itself.

Anyway, it'd be pretty nice if Parallels Just explained this to us. Is this too much to ask????

13. unused_user_name

unused_user_name Pro

I bet there were no changes... someone just accidently turned on the build server and it automatically put the update live without anyone noticing ...

Not that it happened, just it would be funny if it did... :D

14. looter

looter Member

Release notes? How hard is it to add that? Parallels is asking me to run the 3188 installation package without any release notes. That is ridiculous. Wow it is just like running windows!

Also, obviously I've found this forum... But I think I had to use google to find it. Is there a link from Parallels to the forum? I don't see it on their support page or anywhere else on their website.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  15. bhorta1

bhorta1 Member

I am running 10.4.9 and 3186 and no problems yet.

16. dd55

dd55 Member

"Wow it is just like running windows!"

Umm...well...yes it is isn't it...

" Is there a link from Parallels to the forum?"

No. Parallels personnel have offered up some "cockamamy" reason for this but it's so absurd that I don't even want to point you to it...

DD

17. w7ox

w7ox Hunter

Same here. Installed 3186 on 2/27 and upgraded to 10.4.9 a couple of days ago.

Works well. I won't go to 3188 unless someone tells me why I should -- why ask for trouble?

Phil

18. looter

looter Member

Release notes

Seriously, still no release notes? Over a week later running 3170 RC 3 and I am still getting the nag screen to upgrade to 3188?

How hard is it to tell your customers the reasons you want them to install an update?

Harder than writing virtual os software apparently.