OS/2 warp 3 will not boot

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by swm, Mar 13, 2007.

1. swm

swm Bit poster

I've followed all of the instructions in the parallels manual and I cannot get OS/2 warp 3 to boot from the CD. It appears to not recognise the CD and continues on to look at the C drive. I have the same problem with MSDOS 6.22. I've noticed on the forums that many people are struggling to get OS/2 to boot from the CD and ISO images on CD and on the hard drive. My machine is a MacBook 1.1 with 512 MB, 2GHz Intel Core Duo. Does anyone know how to do this. By the way, unfortunately parallels appears to ignore emails to its customer help service email address, that's why I'm looking for help here.

2. Ynot

Ynot Pro

I was not heard about any bootable OS/2 warp 3 CD. You can boot OS/2 4.5 and later from CD, as far as i remember.

For OS/2 warp 3 you should make floppies (images) and boot from them, after third floppy your warp will install from CD.

3. SirRichard

SirRichard Junior Member

AFAIK OS/2 Warp 3 just boots from CD if the drive is a SCSI one. I'd suggest booting from boot floppies, too.

4. swm

swm Bit poster

Need to disable sound card feature to make OS/2 Warp 3 work

Thank you for the pointer on needing the two floppy disks. I copied the two floppies and the CD onto the hard drive and booted from them. It hung every time after loading the second floppy. I discovered that the sound card being enabled was stopping it from loading the operating system. I disabled the sound card and it booted the three disks and I now have OS/2 Warp 3 working on my Apple :)

I was also able to load DOS 6 onto my machine with no problems. Again I copied the disks onto the hard drive and booted from it. Dos 6.22 still doesn't work, but I suspect my disks my be corrupted. I have new disks on order.