Start Menu with Dock Icon

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by mmulin, Mar 12, 2007.

1. mmulin

mmulin Member

Hi,

With 3170, I was able to single lick on the dock icon and get the Start Menu of XP. However, sometime it required some trying and it seemed only clicking in the windows flag area would do it a little better. Later, I lost the functionality totally when moving the dock to another corner of the screen and also added a mouse to my setup; as before only used the trackpad..
    I never got it back!

With 3186, I hoped but to no avail. Meanwhile, I made a complete new installation but I just don't get the Windows taskbar anymore by clicking the dock icon.

Also, right clicking the dock icon gives the option "Start Menu". But nothing happens at all :S*WTF*.. it is even in the documention.

Anyone else this?
    Does it work flawlessly for anyone under either versions?
    Is there a special setting for this?

2. ksenks

ksenks Parallels Developers

Please verify your VM's settings:
    in Parallels menu View->Customize->Coherence->Windows Task bar - Show.

3. MicroDev

MicroDev Hunter

According to the docs, I don't need to have the Taskbar visible in order to use the Start menu. Is this broken or incorrect in the docs?

From the docs:
    Show. Select this option if you want Windows taskbar to be displayed on the screen while
    you run a virtual machine in Coherence. If you clear the check box, you still will be able to
    open the Windows Start menu by clicking the virtual machine icon in the Dock.

Can you please explain this? I too expect that I can hide the task bar but still use the Start menu. Even when the taskbar is displayed, the Start Menu still does not work and exhibits the same blank non-functionality as originally described.

Confirmed in 3186 and 3188.

4. chabig

chabig Hunter

I have the very same issue. I don't get the Windows Start menu when I click on my Parallels dock icon.