Installed v3188-- CPU hog!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Macgadget, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Macgadget

Macgadget Bit poster

Hi forum,
    I installed 3188 on my mac book and my fan has not shut off....CPU monitor shows 108% anyone elese having this problem? Any ideas?

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

What is shown in the Windows Task Manager? Have you disabled all unneeded Windows services and startup processes? Windows does a lot of stuff when it thinks you're not looking.

3. Macgadget

Macgadget Bit poster

sorry- im a mac guy...couldnt find windows task manager...I will talk to our IT guy tomorrow and show him your recs. thanks!

4. na9d

na9d Hunter

Send keys: Cntrl-Alt-Del

Then you can bring up task manager. VERY important tool to use to force programs to quit in Windoze...

5. tfulmino

tfulmino Bit poster

I too am having the same issue. I have looked into the issue and have discovered the ParallelsToolsCenter.exe is running at 97% +. Once you kill the service, the system runs fine. Only issue is... you are not suppose to kill the service.

Support - anything on this issue?

6. luomat

luomat Hunter

Yet Another Way:

control+shift+ESC will bring up the Windows Task Manager without having to go through the ctrl+alt+delete menu

7. dhjdhj

dhjdhj Hunter

Neat - I wish I could get more than 100% out of my CPU !!!

8. psycoperl

psycoperl Junior Member

How can I downgrade back to 3186? The performance of 3188 is horrible. It takes too much resources. It takes much slower a and has even froze.