\\.psf is not accessible under vista

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by blomasky, Feb 16, 2007.

1. blomasky

blomasky Member

upgraded to RC3 and just installed vista business. Most everything works fine. However, the Parallels shared folders do NOT work. Any suggestions?

Bruce

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Did you enable that feature in the Parallels Shared Folders menu?

3. blomasky

blomasky Member

Yes, I enabled sharing, even GLOBAL sharing to see if that worked. Did not help any.

4. giles117

giles117 Junior Member

I will try to help.

Dumb Question #

1 - Did you run the new parallels installer to upgrade you to version xxx.3170???

2 - You said you enabled Global Sharing. What about Local Sharing (although it's mainly for drag and drop.)

3 - That was my last question. I did the upgrade, ran vista installe dthe new parallels tools , turned on local and global sharing in the parallels vm prefs and voila' all was well.

Wish I could be of more help.

5. leejsci

leejsci Member

Dear Giles117

Good morning to you and I'm almost sure this is not the place to ask.. but I was not able to locate any information in howto section.. so here.
    How do you turn on/off Global sharing, and Local sharing?
    Also, i had a share folder that i wanted to get rid of and some1 told me to go devices - share folders and supposly option to delete but all i see is Add....
    Thank you so much for your insight..:)

JL

6. blomasky

blomasky Member

it works fine with XP, NOT with VISTA. I DID use the installer to upgrade. I have enabled both global and local sharing (just to see if that helps any), did not.

OK, I hate vista, still like XP! It Works!

Bruce

7. petro

petro Member

Another person in the same camp. I'm not sure if this is related to the SMB sharing problems people have reported regarding Vista talking to mac shared folders:

http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?t=67091

Those fixes didn't solve either my Vista to .PSF shared folder problem, nor my Vista -> Other Mac shared folder problem.

This all works fine from my WinXP parallels drive, so it seems there's something Vista-specific.

8. abanks

abanks Hunter

My Vista & Xp can both access the .PSF shared area !!

9. iduff

iduff Product Expert

Vista Ultimate and \\.psf work fine for me in 3186.

10. petro

petro Member