3188 and Cisco VPN not working

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by rbergquist, Mar 15, 2007.

1. rbergquist

rbergquist Bit poster

Here's my setup: MBP 2.16ghz, 2GB RAM. Parallels 3188, running WindowsXP SP2. Network settings are on "Shared".

VPN Client Connect works OK. When I try to connect to my network throughIE 7, it can not see the network.

Any ideas on how to remedy?

2. jesse

jesse Bit poster

I've never had an issue with Cisco VPN in any of the builds including 3188. My setup is a bit different though.

I run bridged networking and run Cisco VPN inside the guest OS (XP). It's nice then, because I have the VPN access in the Guest OS (XP) and non-VPN in the host (OS X).

MBP Core 2 Duo 2.33, 3GB ram.

Good luck!

3. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Have you tried to ping an IP on your network? If you get a ping back you may just have a DNS problem.

4. snipes

snipes Member

For reference, I use Cisco VPN 4.8.01.0300 under XP and it's still working after this latest upgrade. I'm only using IE 6, but all the other network tools I use are still working as well.

5. ajtish

ajtish Bit poster

I know that when I am off campus i have to VPN to check the tickets for my help desk.

I just run the VPN from Mac OS and then run shared networking to Windows and it works fine, might just be my situation.