Support Help Needed

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by jsk, Mar 16, 2007.

1. jsk

jsk Bit poster

I recently purchased a support per incident because I couldn't solve a problem after several hours. When I got my support incident order number I called and was put on hold for quite a long time, then told to leave a message, someone would call back.

After two more days and no call back, I tried calling the offices of Parallels, but all I could get was a message that all mailboxes were full and I couldn't even leave a message. I've sent two emails with no answer or call back also. Now after another 24 hours has passed and still no contact, I would like to get the money back that I charged to my credit card if they aren't going to call me. I've since found the answer in some poor guys blog so the problem is solved without the help of Parallels support.

If anyone on this forum can help by pointing me to how to get hold of someone in billing or administration, I'd really appreciate it. I'm LOVE the product, but the service so far is really 3rd world. Any help from any Parallels employee out there?

thanks,

Steve

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

Third world?

It's not that good!

3. jsk

jsk Bit poster

Oh ... I see I'm not the only orphan in this orphanage called Parallels Support, huh?

4. Resolver

Resolver Member

Strong Support Service

Hello ! I wonder why you did not get through to contact us.
    If you have any questions just write a letter to support and we will provide you with
    professional help.
    Parallels is the best product on the market now.

5. constant

constant Forum Maven

Why does Workstation not get any beta versions like Desktop does?

6. jsk

jsk Bit poster

Resolver:

I did write, and have called and left voice mail. Calling the Admin or billing got me to a full voice mail box that hung up on me. I agree the product is very good. But I had an issue and even with using the pay per incident, nobody called me. Contact me off line from here if you can find my support incident number (has all contact info) that ends in 016961. Thank you.

Steve (jsk)

7. WhatUv

WhatUv Bit poster

I paid for support I can't get also

I paid for support, and I can't get it.
    I call, and get hung up on.

what gives? what is going on?:mad:

8. WhatUv

WhatUv Bit poster

How can I actually get the phone support I paid for?

9. jsk

jsk Bit poster

Drop a private message to Resolver. He has offered to call me to resolve my issues and was quite nice about it. I bellieve he will call you and help you out.

Steve:rolleyes:

10. jjones

jjones Bit poster

if you made your payment through amex just phone amex or go online and dispute the payment. amex fights on your behalf and you get a credit asap

11. Resolver

Resolver Member

Hello !

Hello to everybody !

We are trying hard to meet every issue about bringing our service to parallels users.
    We apologize for some cases not served for days. Also , there are some outstanding issues present , most of the problems are resolved quite fast. Please send us your questions and we will answer them right away. However, I would read users manual, forum before applying for help. Parallels is becoming easier to use, no more some stupid bugs , that we had before. 3188 Version is outstanding according to my private opinion.
    We are working hard to make this program more stable and clear for old and new users.

Best regards to everybody !

12. David5000

David5000 Pro

Like many others, I read the users manual before resorting to this forum for help. The problem is that the user manual needs heavy editing by a native English speaker skilled in communicating technical issues to non-technnical readers.

The sections on networking and printing are particularly unclear, as evidenced by the large number of threads on these subjects. I think the biggest problem is that they are too descriptive and don't have enough specific, step-by-step instructions.

David

13. shelbydodgeimp

shelbydodgeimp Bit poster

If you paid by credit card, call up and have them stop payment.

According to my box for this product, it has a 30 day money back garrentee...

14. hoggdoc

hoggdoc Bit poster

Maybe, but as others have said your support or better lack of support Sucks..... :mad:

I LEFT A VOICE MAIL WITH THE TECH SUPPORT MANAGER PER SALES DEPTS SUGGESTION A WEEKS AGO. I YET TO HAVE AN EMAIL OR A CALL FROM SUPPORT. I'M A NEW USER GENERALLY LIKE THE PRODUCT, BUT THERE ARE SO ISSUES I CAN'T RESOLVE AS THEIR AND DOCS ARE TOTALLY VOID OR WHAT THEIR ERROR MESSAGES MEAN.

Has anyone had the sound driver not load at start-up with the following message;

Error writing to sound device! Loopback device will be used!:confused:

What the H--- does that mean and why is it happening. I un-installed the sound driver and got it to work again but now it's not working again. Since I basically only use the XP setup for MSN Live for tech support of XP machines, I'm kinda screwed with no sound.

Now in a last ditch attempt to get it all working again I un-installed all of the sounds drivers from system devices. When I have the machine look for new devices all it finds is the basic driver and sound codecs, no legacy support or the other three listing that I un-installed. Not sure why windows isn't find the need to re-install them, but that's where I am.

If someone from support could call me or email me that would be nice. My contact information was provided during registration and my user name is the same as here. hoggdoc.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  15. Tom Ironcast

Tom Ironcast Guest

Option sound device status in the configuration editor is enabled.Note: If you start the operating system with the sound device disabled, you cannot change this option when the virtual machine is running.

To start the guest OS with the sound device activated, select the Activate sound at startup check box.

After the sound is enabled, the Output Device field appears containing a list with the Default Audio and Null Device items. As a rule we recommend to select the Default Audio device. The same situation occurs with the Mixer Device. As a rule we recommend to select the Default Audio device.

Also it is recommended to install parallels tools.To install Parallels Tools in a Windows guest OS do the following:

1 Make sure that the virtual machine configuration includes a CD/DVD-ROM drive and it is enabled (the Enabled check box is selected).

2 Start your guest operating system and log in. In order to install tools properly do not begin the installation until OS completes its startup and you log in.

3 Select Install Parallel Tools in the Parallels Desktop VM menu.

4 You are warned about the necessity of having the guest OS fully started and being logged in: "You can install the Parallels Tools only if the guest operating system is running and you are logged in. If you are not logged in now, select Cancel and run Parallels Tools installation later." If you are logged in, click OK to start installing.

5 Parallels Tools Setup wizard starts and greets you. Click Next to move to the Choose Destination Location screen. If you do not like the default directory, select another one using the Change button. Then click Next.

6 On the Setup Type screen you should choose between the complete setup and a custom one. The complete setup installs all of the tools available for your guest OS. If you select custom setup, the Select Components screen asks you to select the desired tools from the tools available for your guest OS.

7 Choose the program folder on the Select Program Folder screen, then the Check Setup Information screen displays the options selected. If they are correct, click Next to begin the installation.8 After the wizard copies tools, the Installation Completed screen asks if you want to restart the computer now. In all of the Windows guest OSes, except 98 and NT, you must restart the virtual machine after this setup procedure. Accept the selected option and click Finish. The virtual machine will be restarted and ready for work with the tools installed.

Do not install your original drivers for soundcard.

Hope that should do the trick.