Parallels getting stuck playing WMV stream

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Colin Holgate, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Colin Holgate

Colin Holgate Member

I'm attempting to watch a Windows Media stream and with the previous build the stream would last for maybe 30 seconds before WMP would freeze. Once frozen nothing can be done, sending cntrol alt delete doesn't do anything, and clicking on the reset button or selecting reset from the menu causes the whole Parallels app to lock up to the point that you have to force quit.

With build 3188 it seemed to last longer, 90 seconds before WMP froze. Has anyone else seem this issue too? Here's the stream I'm trying to watch, if anyone would like to try it:

http://163.205.10.22:8080/asxgen/wmtencoder/nycfirst.wmv

2. Colin Holgate

Colin Holgate Member

Out of optimism I tried VLC as well, and that got stuck in a similar way, only given enough time the stream would start again, but only briefly each time. This is a very low data rate stream, and I'm on a 10 megabit connection (to give you an idea how fast it is, the 3188 build downloaded in about 20 seconds). Maybe it's just normal behavior for WMV, that if the stream stutters it brings down the whole app?