Phone Syncing in Windows XP

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by masonjames, Mar 17, 2007.

1. masonjames

masonjames Junior Member

Hey all,
    I've got an LG phone which, unfortunately, doesn't fully sync with my macbook pro c2d. There is software available on the windows platform and I've installed it on my VM (parallels 3188) but my problem is that I get an error message in parallels whenever I click on the USB icon and try to have it enable the phone cable. It's listed as an option, but when I click, it tells me the device is already in use.
    Anyone else have a similar problem? Anyone able to sync their phone with windows xp?

2. MikeBee

MikeBee Parallels Team

1. Shut down Windows
    2. Open Configuration menu
    3. Go to the USB settings
    4. Turn "Autoconnect" to OFF

Try working with your Cellphone

3. simplicity

simplicity Member

Mike, I've found that your solution only works 25% of the time. Often I have to stand on one foot while worshipping the moon god in the buff to get my Windows Mobile 5 (T-Mobile Dash) to connect to the VM. When I have autoconnect off, I reboot the VM, attach and it works for a little bit. When it stops working, I turn off the vm, set autoconnect to On and try again. Sometimes it will catch, other times, I have to unplug and replug the device 4-5 times...

What is really, really odd, is that every time the device connects, I hear Windows chime that it recognizes the device and ActiveSync will start and actually sync with the phone while the 'Device busy' message blocks the parallels window making it impossible to interact with the VM..