Parallels install Remoove Bootcamp or not.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by GregOrlando, Mar 18, 2007.

1. GregOrlando

GregOrlando Bit poster

Hi, I've recently purchased bootcamp. My question is this. Should I remove my bootcamp partition and return my hard-drive to one whole mac drive or install parallels to the bootcamp partition? I know that parallels can be installed to the bootcamp partition just unsure as to what the best way is. I'm inclined to remove bootcamp and do it that way it seems like a cleaner way of working. I don't expect to use windows allot just for a few applications.

Thanks to any whom can help.

Greg Orlando

2. jkneen

jkneen Member

Assuming you mean you've bought Parallels and want to know if you should uninstall Bootcamp?

I installed bootcamp before Christmas with Vista and was running it ok but since putting Parallels on I've never looked back. I took Bootcamp off and now run Parallels all the time along side Mac OSX.

Jason

3. GregOrlando

GregOrlando Bit poster

Yes, I've purchased parallels. I wondered what was the best way to go about my install.

Thanks for your reply.

4. jkneen

jkneen Member

I know people have run bootcamp and then accessed it via parallels but my recommendation would be to remove it and install a parallels VM and run both OSs side by side. Unless you want to run games or really intensive stuff Parallels is just fine for running XP witin Mac OSX - is for me anyway!

Its also really easy to backup. Just copy the whole virtual disk to a backup drive. Oh and upgrading your machine is a doddle to - just install Parallels and copy over the virtual machine

Jason