VM2Go v1.2 is released

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Clalron, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Clalron

Clalron Member

BriteMac is pleased to announce the release of VM2Go – the first utility for Parallels Desktop for the Mac made by an independent developer.

VM2Go is a utility that gives you additional flexibility in the management of your virtual machines created with Parallels Desktop. You no longer need to know which files belong to which machine! You can use VM2Go to find every machine on your system and see the configuration of each and learn how much disk space is used on your Macintosh as just one feature. The coolest feature is its ability to transfer your virtual machine from your Macintosh to your iPod®. You can then actually run the machine from the iPod® or another Macintosh where you have Parallels Desktop installed. Truly a PC on the go!

Want more details? Go to http://www.britemac.com. You can download it right now.

Thanks everyone here for their support during the development process. Many of your ideas were incorporated into the software. There are other cool things in the works. Please keep the feedback coming.

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Our first spam? And for a Finder substitute at that.

3. hoju

hoju Member

Parallels uses 2 files per VM... if you need an application to "find them" for you, you should quickly sell your computer, and get yourself a pad of paper and a pencil.

If you can master the pad and pencil without doing serious harm to yourself, gradually work your way up to something like a calculator. But please, be careful.

But for for the love of god, stay off computers. You'll never get to that level in this lifetime.

PS.
    You "transfer" the files by "copying them". A remarkably complicated process in the uper echelons of computer science (best left to the Ph.D types).

4. Clalron

Clalron Member

:)

Well ok. I do have a couple pads of paper..and perhaps even a pen!

Here is the thing--there are people who buy the Mac who actually want to do thngs without spending time figuring out where things are or how to do them. We have many utilities that people use who are not wizards with the finder. Disco is a great example of a utility that can be replaced by the Finder--but isn't it cool?

In any case a given program may not be your cup of tea. I can accept that. Many people do like it and use it. I wouldn't think it is a good idea to be nasty to those who spend time developing software for the Mac. It is not like we have millions of develoeprs out there. :) Perhaps one day I'll write something you do like.

By the way it depends on how you configure your machine as to how many files are used.

Anyway--sorry if people thought I was spamming. I was just sharing with you a completed effort. I'll continue to work and to add value. It does more than just copy files.

-mark=

5. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

You might want to post it on Ben's Blog as it is a third party support tool, and going in that way adds Ben's imprimatur to the product, at least.

6. Clalron

Clalron Member

Thank you.. that is a great tip!