Suspend BootCamp hdd VM on MacBook Proc

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by fredchan, Mar 15, 2007.

1. fredchan

fredchan Junior Member

The user guide tell us that BootCamp hdd VM cannot be suspend. But can we close the MacBook Pro, and put it in sleep mode, without having to stop the VM connected to the BootCamp HD.
    Also, Using 10.4.8, on MacBook Pro core duo, with bootcamp hd in virtual machine built 3188, and working perfect.

2. fredchan

fredchan Junior Member

Does someone has an answer for my question? Or nobody's using his Bootcamp partition in Parallels?

3. ksenks

ksenks Parallels Developers

Yes, you can. Putting Mac to sleep causes VM to enter Pause mode, which, unlike Suspend, is permitted.

4. fredchan

fredchan Junior Member

Thanks a lot for your kind answer, as i was afraid that we could lost all the datas.
    Great job for this built.

5. akac

akac Hunter

I'd like to request the allowance - by some sort of option or advanced command - to suspend a BootCamp partition. I rarely boot into BootCamp (though I do) so I'd like the option of suspending. I'm a developer and consider myself an advanced user. I understand why its not allowed right now, but at the same time when I travel I turn off my machine wholly. So in those cases I'd like to suspend, shut down, then boot up the Mac and resume my Parallels partition.

So PLEASE provide a way to do this. Even if its only by editing the config file.

6. simplicity

simplicity Member

Seconded. I think the feature should be there as well, even if it is hidden or hard to get to.

Really, the overall danger is not much worst than say losing power while running a bootcamp VM. In fact its far less since you can at least suspend gracefully once all disk IO has stopped.