What does it take...

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by bearerofsilmaril, Mar 18, 2007.

1. bearerofsilmaril

bearerofsilmaril Bit poster

...to get a response from Parallels Support? I emailed support@parallels.com on March 5th and have yet to receive anything other than an automated response.

Could someone from Parallels please reply to this with what I need to do to receive some sort of response from Parallels Support, other than the automated one that I received stating that someone would contact me within 3 days.

Parallels, please, respond to this thread, send me a PM, or email me. My support case is #112920.

2. jsk

jsk Bit poster

Best of luck. I paid $29.99 with a credit card on 3/13 and they still haven't contacted me. So I should think free support would be a bit farther behind. You'll find support (or should I say the lack of it) is a common thread throughout this forum.

JSK

3. bearerofsilmaril

So it's a great product and all, until you need support for it.

Parallels, this is why your work is pirated.

I did my level best to go through the proper channels, but Parallels Support has made that impossible.

See you on BitTorrent.

4. pigwiggle

pigwiggle Member

See you on BitTorrent.

There are plenty of shoddy products in the market; are you a shoplifter? The quality of a product or its support doesn't give you any moral standing to steal it. By stealing the product you ultimately make it more expensive than it should be, and/or sap some of the profitability from a product that may turn into a success. You are a despicable thief and a jackass. That's why parallels is pirated. Because lowlife vermin like yourself feel they are owed the sweat of another's labor. You work for a living, or do you just take everything you want or need from working folks? Again, lowlife jackass.

5. bearerofsilmaril

pig - thanks for your concern. I wonder, did it ever cross your mind that perhaps I actually did pay for the software?

Of no matter, I doubt much can cross that mind of yours, small as it quite obviously is.

6. bearerofsilmaril

For those playing the home game, someone at Parallels Support read this and sent me a PM that they were looking into this issue.

Of course, according to pig, that could never happen, ya know, cause I'm a lowlife pirater and all :)

7. pigwiggle

pigwiggle Member

No , it didn't occur to me that you paid for it. In the context of this ... "I did my level best to go through the proper channels, but Parallels Support has made that impossible. See you on BitTorrent." ... it certainly sounded like you were disappointed with your first go at help and were going to get a cracked version out of spite. Either way, you seem to be pretty cavalier about theft, that is, you came off as satisfied that the product would be stolen, even if it wasn't by you. I stand by my characterization.

8. bearerofsilmaril

pig - You are such a Troll.

Of course it didn't occur to you, cause you're a Troll.

So to you, proper channels doesn't include buying the product first, and then requesting support for it? That's odd, how can you ask for support on something you don't use?

No matter, see the above post about your exceedingly small mind.

You're correct on one count though, if my "first go" at support didn't pan out, I was going to download a cracked copy. Enlighten me on something, if I pay for a copy of software, and that software doesn't work, how exactly am I stealing anything by getting a working copy?

Cavalier about theft? More like cavalier about getting my software to work. I'd be satisfied if the software worked.

You can't steal something you already paid for, idiot. You stand by your characterization, further posting by you just confirms mine, you addle-brained twit.

9. dkeithg

dkeithg Bit poster

Same here. I paid them $29.99 on March 12 and here it is March 20 and guess what? They've never called me back!!! Logic would dictate you pay for support because your need is either rather urgent or you're impatient. Regardless of your motivation (mine being the former), you should certainly get a call back when you pay for their phone support.

RIP OFF!!!! SCAMMERS!!!!! It is amazing that the software seems to do the job, given the paltry excuse for customer support.

Keith

10. drval

drval Pro

Did you post your support issue here? If so, I haven't seen it.

11. WhatUv

WhatUv Bit poster

support won't answer the phone, and I just get disconnected??

I paid for support.
    I can't get it.
    Their phone system, has flaws, and it hangs up on me.
    It doesn't even make sense, it says (in a horrible computerized voice like "do you want to play a game" type of voice):

select the product, which I do
    then, leave a brief message with the issue to route the call, which I do, completed normally,
    then it says: hold on for a support rep, plays hold music, which I do
    then, after a few minutes, the phone goes silent
    then, it says: if you are ok with your messsage, press #, or re-record???
    what message? it never asked me to leave a 2nd messsage,
    and then
    it just hangs up on me

So, I paid them the $29.99, and they provide nothing. That's theft right there.
    Theft of money, for services never rendered, that's not right, not fair, and perhaps not even legal....