CAPS LOCK KEY Backwards

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by blomasky, Mar 19, 2007.

1. blomasky

blomasky Member

I am using 3188 on MacPro with Apple Keyboard. When Light is on on CapsLock, system is lower case and visa versa. (works fine in OSX apps. if I start in lowercase in OSX, mouse into XP pressing the caps lock the 1st time is skipped, does nothing, now light is on and in lower case. then the caps lock key toggles, but it is backwards.

bruce

2. dotcomjunkie

dotcomjunkie Member

This happens to me when I run Vista

3. ronp51

ronp51 Junior Member

The cap lock happened to me today. what a pain. I shut down my macpro, unplugged it, and took out the battery. Than I put the battery back, turned on the mac, booted up Parrallels and everthing is as it should be. Hope this helps. Other than that my quicken and ms access work great under parrallels

4. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

i found that on my MBPro that if you play around with both the caps lock on the laptop and the one on the keyboard, you can get functionailty back to normal.

5. PrinceZordar

PrinceZordar Member

I used to run into this when I ran Remote desktop sessions on a Windows 2000 system - the hardware and software sometimes get confused when you switch between multiple sessions, some with caps lock on and some with it off. Annoying, but I never really found a workaround or a fix for it. So far I haven't run into it since running a Mac with Parallels (WinXP.)

6. pan

pan Junior Member

Solution

I am sorry to say I don't remember who supplied the solution.

To solve the problem make sure when you quit your VM session make sure the caps lock is not engaged. If it is the next time windows starts up the VM may be confused and start up in a in a backward state.

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  7. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

i tired this out ealier to find the combination i used to get it back to the correct setting...

On my MBpro, using an external keyboard, if the problem starts, i merely turn caps lock on and then off again, using the caps lock key on the laptop itself. When i go back to the external keyboard, the setting is back to normal again.